Serves meat, veg options available. A casual family-run restaurant where most of the menu is already set up with a vegetarian/vegan option and the cook is more than happy to accommodate all requests if possible. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Thai, Non-veg

First Review by mars
Sweetsunshine
Sweetsunshine

Hidden treasure

4 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2012

My husband and I were recommended to try the food at Thai Orchid that they have a nice option for vegetarians. We were both very pleased with the array of options. We are not vegan but just lacto- vegetarian and the waitress told us they cook using soy products for vegetarian orders which made me very happy. The decor is simple but the food was delicious. They prepare the food from scratch and they use fresh vegetables (not frozen) for their meals. In addition the cost is extremely affordable unlike other Thai restaurants. This is by far a hidden treasure nestled in the Poconos.

Pros: Variety of vegetarian options , Affordable, Delicious
Cons: Decor too simple
Spoon stretch
Spoon stretch

Welcoming

4 Posted on 05 / 13 / 2012

The food is delicious ! They have the best steamed veg dumplings. Reasonable prices. Their vegan choices make me feel very welcomed here. Highly recommended!

Pros: Variety, Taste, Atmosphere
mars
mars

Good and spicy

4 Posted on 12 / 20 / 2011

They really do make the food from scratch so it takes a little longer. But it is very good. The only thing you have to watch is the spice. Their medium is most people's push toward the spicy side. I love green curry and order it all the time. In this place, I ask they take it down a notch. Mock duck is very good. Portions ok.

Pros: Home Made, Friendly, Respect vegan
Cons: Little spicy, No atmosphere, Portions not very large

Dear Owner and Manager of Thai Orchid: