Small vegetarian Thai food restaurant run by 2 sisters. Mostly vegan food. Has gluten free. Closed August month. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Organic, Thai

elyssec
elyssec

Absolutely delicious!

Posted on 07 / 26 / 2014

Drove out to Cochrane from Calgary with a couple of my passionate meat-eating friends the other day. As none of us had been here before, we all decided to order different menu items and to share them. The environment was very clean, with plenty of natural sunlight shining through the windows. I asked one of the very friendly ladies working there, and learned that they actually lived on top of the restaurant, which I found most interesting.

We ordered two appetizer platters, and I have to say my favourite was the little Kra Thong Tong - a crunchy, thin, tortilla-like shell filled with mixed vegetables. The Tapioca Ball was very tasty as well, and freshly prepared.

Some of my favourites from the main menu was the Kiew Wan (vegetables in green curry), Pad Thai, and the Tom Yum spicy noodle soup. The flavours in the green curry (my favourite!) all came out and created a light, delicate, and very delicious sauce that went very well with the side of rice.

Although the portions were rather small, we were still able to grab a few doggie bags, as the curries were more filling than we had first anticipated. Looking forward to my left over lunch time!

Pros: Excellent food, Very Friendly Staff, Clean, Peaceful Vibe
Cons: Small Portions
Tompaint
Tompaint

best food anywhere

Posted on 07 / 15 / 2014

Vegan or not. This is the best place to eat anywhere. Fresh. Not stuffed with way too much celery or onions like cheaper restaurants do to save money. You get what you pay for, honest real food. Tom yum flavoured fried rice!!!! Wow.

TLC Veg.
TLC Veg.

lots of Vegan options!

Posted on 06 / 03 / 2014

The whole menu can be made Vegan which is fantastic!! They even have Vegan cakes for dessert. The food was tasty but not very spicy. I'm sure if you wanted more spice they could add it. Great place !

kimward8
kimward8

Yummy vegan Thai food!

Posted on 03 / 25 / 2013

I went there for lunch today with my omni boyfriend. He liked the tofu veggie cashew stir fry that we got with the house sauce. We also had the spring rolls. The owner said anything on the menu can be ordered vegan.

vegetariangirl
vegetariangirl

amazing! worth the drive!

Posted on 02 / 17 / 2013

Lovely food and lovely staff. Went with friends and shared several appetizers and mains. My favourite was the peanut satay sticks, peanut satay spinach, green curry, etc. great vegan desserts and tons of gluten free options.

Baxter
Baxter

Yum!

Posted on 01 / 22 / 2013

We ate here a couple weeks ago - it was so nice not having to worry about everything being vegan (just ask for no eggs in the dishes you order). The only complaint is portion sizes. I always expect to have leftovers to take home, but we ate everything because the portions were small.

Pros: Great food!
Cons: Small portions

Dear Owner and Manager of Thai Onzon: