Thai Lotus

Serves meat, veg options available. The menu states that each dish can adjust to be vegetarian. For vegans ask to omit eggs and fish sauce in the vegetable Pad Thai. Price: Moderate more-less
Thai, Take-out, Non-veg
6430 S Virginia St SteA (Neil Rd)
Reno, Nevada 89511
775-852-5033

Open Mon-Fri 11am-3pm, 5-9pm, Sat 11:30am-9pm.

First Review by antgirl
Guest
Guest

If You Like Tofu......

4 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2012

The service is great; they offer brown rice, if requested; tofu can be added to entrees. I am a repeat customer.

Takes credit cards.

Pros: Location, Staff, Tofu
Becca18
Becca18

Disappointment!

1 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2012

Sorry guys but this restaurant is not vegan/vegetarian friendly in my opinion. While the server was polite, our options were quite limited & ended up having to send a dish back. All of the curries contain shrimp paste and many stir-fries contain oyster sauce. So, they may omit fish sauce but if you don't ask they won't tell you. The dishes we ended up getting were either too sweet or bland. Nothing like I've had in Thailand or other vegan friendly Thai restaurants in other cities.

Dromio
Dromio

Wonderful Thai Food

4 Posted on 12 / 21 / 2011

I love the pumpkin curry. I'm not a big fan of tofu so they always just add more of the vegetable to their curry sauces. The pumpkin is amazing in season. Make sure they know you are requesting vegan dishes. I always get their brown rice which is red and nutty. Perfect body for the rich curries. Of course sticky rice with mango every time.

willbearsmom
willbearsmom

Yummy Thai

4 Posted on 11 / 26 / 2011

Located kitty-corner to Reno's Whole foods on S. Virginia and Neil, Thai Lotus is an unassuming little restaurant with some very, very good food and excellent service. My non-vegetarian husband had a salad with shrimp, which he really liked, and I had an excellent green curry with tofu. I just asked for tofu and specified "no fish sauce" and the waitress immediately knew I was Veg*n. The curry came out, creamy and delightful with fresh vegetable and fragrant Jasmine rice.

Just about every dish can be made vegetarian, gluten free, or both.

Pros: Knowledgable about vegetarianism, Fresh food, Great service
Cons: Beer selection is kind of small
antgirl
antgirl

Delicious Thai and Vegan Friendly

4 Posted on 11 / 25 / 2011

The staff at Thai Lotus was very helpful suggesting delicious vegan options from the menu. We had a very large group of which half were vegan/veggie and our wait staff was outstanding at suggesting soups, appetizers, and entrees for both groups. Everything was great! If you are in Reno this is the place to eat!

Pros: Vegan friendly, Delicious Thai, Very friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Thai Lotus: