Serves meat, veg options available. This Thai restaurant has a vegetarian section on their menu. Vegans ask for no egg whites or fish sauce. Tofu is their only vegan protein offering. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by ReviewTeam
drwill
drwill

Not really vegetarian/vegan friendly

2 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2013

I went here last night, and the waiter said most dishes cannot be made without fish sauce, because it is part of their base sauce. When pressed which dishes do not have fish sauce, the waiter said that all of their dishes had fish sauce, even their curries. I ended up getting two appetizers for dinner (vegetable tempora with a peanut sauce and tofu with a sweet and sour sauce). The waiter had to check, but did come back saying neither sauce contained fish. My gf went through about 5 dishes before finding a dish they were willing to make without fish sauce (the red curry).

In the end, my food was fantastic while the gf's food was pretty bland. The staff was quite nice, but I would definitely not call them vegetarian friendly. There are many better places in Northampton for vegetarians and vegans.

Pros: Good price, fairly quite
Cons: not vegetarian friendly
RayneTupelo
RayneTupelo

Typical Thai Restaurant

4 Posted on 11 / 14 / 2012

I like Thai food, and I enjoyed my experience here. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere, and I was lucky enough to get a window booth. My meal was great and met my expectations. There was nothing that stood out to me as exceptional about this restaurant, but it seems like a great place to go with non-vegans, where everyone can get food they're comfortable with.

ReviewTeam
ReviewTeam

VERY GOOD VEGETARIAN/VEGAN PAD THAI...BUT,

4 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2011

The Vegetarian Pad Thai entree is very good. Lunch version is $6.95. Dinner: $10.55 (which we had two of). For a vegetarian or vegan at dinner, the Pad Thai is your only option. And, you must request that it be with "No Fish Sauce"! Even if you just request vegetarian with "no egg whites," they include the fish sauce! Tofu is all they offer for protein (other than the crushed peanut topping). Unfortunately, vegetarians & vegans get the shaft when it comes to protein in Asian restaurants. Meat eaters get a lot of protein in quantity; Veggie eaters get much less & cheap tofu. They wouldn't even consider offering texturized soy protein chunks. Fortunately, the Thai Garden included more tofu chunks than their competition 1/4 mile away. Also, their meal is much better than the competition. We requested less salt, oil, and spice. It was fine. We've eaten there twice and will return. It has a nice atmosphere, ambiance, comfortable seats, and background music. They do serve wines and beers. Waitresses were nice and attentive. At dinner the tables have tablecloths and the napkins are cloth. Parking on-street is free after 6 pm in Northampton. Otherwise, it is 75¢ per hour.

Pros: Very good Veggie Pad Thai, Ambiance, Attentive waitresses
Cons: Must request NO fish sauce

Dear Owner and Manager of Thai Garden: