Thai Erawan Thai Cuisine

Serves meat, veg options available. In a town with no pure vegetarian eateries, you can sometimes try a Thai food restaurant and get a vegetable dish, like a vegetable stir fry. Specify that you are vegan/vegetarian and tell them to omit fish sauce and shrimp paste. Ask for tofu as the protein option. Here, the menu includes sections labeled as "vegetarian corner." Contemporary Thai-themed decor with buddhas and warm gold colors. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
219 E Granada Blvd
Ormond Beach, Florida 32176
386-677-0999

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by brainyblonde
brainyblonde
brainyblonde
  • raw

I got an awful headache every time I ate there!

Posted on 04 / 23 / 2014

We no longer go to this overpriced establishment but even if I got their vegetable soups I would get an awful headache. The only time this has ever happened elsewhere is when I eat MSG at other Asian restaurants and didn't know it. My better half, Dr Mercola isn't Vegetarian and had the fish and the waitress admitted to us that they say it's not farm raised but it really is. The bill is outrageous every time and while the ambiance is ok it's not worth the price or migraine. Even though we're near there in that plaza often we refuse to go in ever again. Oh and we asked if we could replace their awful excuse for a salad (crappy iceberg lettuce) with soup and they say no. even when paying 35 or more for an entree!

Pros: nice ambiance
Cons: i get a migraine when i eat there, wait staff says they lie about the food, won't allow soup sub for crap salad

Dear Owner and Manager of Thai Erawan Thai Cuisine: