Thai Erawan Thai Cuisine

Serves meat, veg options available. In a town with no pure vegetarian eateries, you can sometimes try a Thai food restaurant and get a vegetable dish, like a vegetable stir fry. Specify that you are vegan/vegetarian and tell them to omit fish sauce and shrimp paste. Ask for tofu as the protein option. Here, the menu includes sections labeled as "vegetarian corner." Contemporary Thai-themed decor with buddhas and warm gold colors. Open Mon-Sat lunch, Mon-Sun dinner. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
219 E Granada Blvd
Ormond Beach, Florida 32176

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by brainyblonde
Richard Myers
Richard Myers

Ate it all

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2015

The four of us really enjoyed this Thai food. We had spring rolls to start with. We then each ordered a different tofu dish to share. I ordered the Tofu cashew nut; each order came with a side of rice. Our friendly server made sure the food was vegan by omitting the fish sauce. Nothing was left on the plate and we left the restaurant well satisfied.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Good service, Good food taste
  • raw

I got an awful headache every time I ate there!

Posted on 04 / 23 / 2014

We no longer go to this overpriced establishment but even if I got their vegetable soups I would get an awful headache. The only time this has ever happened elsewhere is when I eat MSG at other Asian restaurants and didn't know it. My better half, Dr Mercola isn't Vegetarian and had the fish and the waitress admitted to us that they say it's not farm raised but it really is. The bill is outrageous every time and while the ambiance is ok it's not worth the price or migraine. Even though we're near there in that plaza often we refuse to go in ever again. Oh and we asked if we could replace their awful excuse for a salad (crappy iceberg lettuce) with soup and they say no. even when paying 35 or more for an entree!

Pros: nice ambiance
Cons: i get a migraine when i eat there, wait staff says they lie about the food, won't allow soup sub for crap salad

Dear Owner and Manager of Thai Erawan Thai Cuisine: