I've been to a lot of Thai places over the U.S. and this one is by far the best one! The menu clearly states that you can ask to have most dishes made vegan. There are plenty of options and the portions are huge. I will definitely come back!
I ate here with a co-worker while traveling out town for business. The menu clearly provides instructions for ordering vegan or vegetarian dishes. I had the Drunken Noodles with Tofu. It was very tasty and a good portion for a fair price. My co-worker also really enjoyed his meal.
While the menu only lists a couple of dishes as specifically, this restaurant is accomodating. They are able to make about 90% of their dishes vegan friendly.
They use Vegetable Oil, as opposed to Peanut, which is another plus.
Customers are ensured that dishes can be modified to accomodate vegan needs.
Dish Ordered: #27, Red Curry with Tofu, Spice Level:3 out of 5.
* Delicious, spice was mild. Next time I'll go with a 4.
Cons: Crowded space
In my opinion, this is the #1 place to get great Thai food in the city. I go here whenever I get the chance. The staff is knowledgeable about the vegan diet, and they are very accommodating. The owner told me they would be able to veganize almost any menu item if asked. I'm a pad thai fanatic, so that's what I usually get. But every once in a while I will order something else, and I have never been disappointed.
I've never eaten in this restaurant, but I get carry-out all the time. The lady taking my order sounds very enthusiastic whenever I ask for a menu item to be made vegan. She explained that they will omit fish sauce and egg and supplement with tofu.
Their pad thai is amazing, as are the drunken noodles! They even have soymilk in a can!
The place is decorated nicely. Check out the brain on the ceiling.
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Indianapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has Thai Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 1000 times since Jan 2013.