Serves meat, veg options available. Thai fusion cuisine. BYOB. Most menu items have an option of tofu & veggies or mock duck or chicken. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Thai, Non-veg

First Review by LisaMckeon
butikiteas
butikiteas

Not very vegan or vegetarian friendly

1 Posted on 01 / 24 / 2013

My husband and I went here because we had the impression that this restaurant was very vegan-friendly. There are mock duck & mock chicken options on the menu and the words "vegetable" and "vegetarian" scattered throughout the menu; however, this was place was not very vegan-friendly or even vegetarian-friendly. There are only 2 options on the entire menu that can be made without oyster sauce. My husband got one option and I got the other. They were both essentially the same dish except that mine had ginger and his did not. Pretty standard veggies and rice with brown sauce. It was good but not great and we were hoping for something with curry. It was pretty disappointing and we left still hungry. The kitchen was not accommodating at all. The staff was friendly, the service good, and the atmosphere was romantic but it was just not worth it.

Pros: atmosphere, friendly staff
Cons: very little veg food, food was only ok
LisaMckeon
LisaMckeon

Delightful Dinner!

4 Posted on 12 / 04 / 2012

My husband and I stopped by here on a Saturday evening while we were in the area. Both the ambiance and our server were very nice. We had the veggie spring rolls and veggie dumplings for appetizers. The spring rolls were just average, but the dumplings were very good, we could tell they were freshly made there. I had the Massaman Curry with tofu and veggies and loved it! Very flavorful with just the right amount of spice. My husband had one of the noodle dishes (sorry I don't remember which one) with mock chicken. It was also very good. Portion sizes were generous. My husband had a hard time finishing his dish and I ended up taking some of mine home. We will make it a point to go back!!!

Pros: excellent food, good value, nice vibe
Cons: vegan items not called out on menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Thai Basil: