Serves meat, veg options available. Franchise with several restaurants in Spain. While meat is prevalent on the menu, vegan/vegetarian food is clearly marked. Veggie friendly by Spanish standards, especially in Andalusia. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western, Spanish, Juice bar, Non-veg

First Review by Clare
JonJon
JonJon

Good place to take the aperitif

4 Posted on 10 / 20 / 2013

Terra Sana in Malaga is very well located. The terrace overlooks the Gallo-Roman theater and the Alcazaba, which is very pleasant to take the aperitif. The vegetarian options are many and there are some vegan options clearly marked. We tried the tofu wrap which is excellent and plentiful with fries. The staff is very friendly and offered us two mojitos the second time we came.

Pros: great location and pleasant decoration, friendly staff, tasty vegan food
Cons: too few vegan choices
AnAnaN
AnAnaN

Good place fits a lot of dietary requirements

4 Posted on 09 / 16 / 2013

This place sits on a good spot with views on the roman theatre. The staff speaks English and the menu is also in English. It has limited vegan options, though quite some vegetarian options. The menu is very clear on this - food with nuts or fish or gluten, vegetarian, vegan, low-carb, low-calories - are marked. So if you are in a diverse company with persons having different diets do stop here since the place has something for everyone. I especially love the fresh baked nachos with hummus as a snack.
Also, if you need to use the restroom, do it there, it is clean and beautifully decorated - think Louis XIV.

Pros: Good location, Food for everyone, English speaking staff
arde
arde

Clearly marked veg items, but average food

3 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2013

Since it is hard to find restaurants in Malaga that mark vegetarian and vegan items, that was pleasantly surprising about Terra Sana.

Their lassi drinks were superb, but the main courses were less than stellar. Their salad was not bad, but the pizza was the strangest I've had...it was on a flatbread baked to a crisp, and garnished, for some reason, with raw salad greens and balsamic vinegar - not appealing to me, maybe some folks like it that way.

Pros: Great location, Good Lassis and smoothies
Cons: Average food

Clare
Clare

Vegan-unfriendly

1 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2012

Unfortuneately I had a rather negative experience at this establishment. I ordered the Mumbai Bites which were clearly advertised as being vegan. When I double checked that the accompanying yoghurt sauce was vegan I was told that it was not as it contained dairy. I therefore refused the meal. When I made a formal complaint I was told that the waitresses were new and that they had mixed up the sauces. When I asked to see the vegan sauce I was told that it hadn't been delivered yet. I told them that they should not list the dish as being available if it wasn't fully vegan as this was false advertising and could be dangerous for people with dairy allergies. I was later informed by another member of staff that no dairy-free sauce actually existed so this was dishonesty.

My friend was also kept waiting for a long time for her meal. They were confused about the order and at the end tried to charge her for items she had not eaten.

If you are vegan and itend to eat here, double check on the ingredients of the dishes marked vegan on the menu.

Cons: False advertising on the menu, Dishonest staff, Poor service

Dear Owner and Manager of Terra Sana: