Tequila Sunrise Mexican Grill

Serves meat, veg options available. Mexican food and bar. While menu is primarily meat-based, there is a small vegetarian section of which 3 dishes are labeled vegan. Price: Moderate more-less
Mexican, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

okwdvc
okwdvc

Excellent!

Posted on 07 / 04 / 2014

So glad we found this place and so glad I didn't read the reviews on here or we never would have tried it.

They have an entire page of their menu with vegan/vegetarian selections. My husband had some type of vegan burrito dish and enjoyed it. I had Vegan Chilaquiles which I had never heard of. OMG! So freaking good! I absolutely loved it; so much so that I have made my own version at home since eating there, but it isn't as good.

Neither of us got sick and I have a pretty sensitive stomach so hopefully they have resolved those issues. Wish we lived closer because we would visit regularly. It won't let me give it a five rating or I would.

Pros: Vegan/Vegetarian menu option, Excellent food, Good atmosphere
Wendy Vegan
Wendy Vegan

Delicious but my boyfiriend got very sick

Posted on 11 / 12 / 2013

I was surprised to see another review where the people got sick eating here. I loved my vegan dish, however, my boyfriend got very ill.

• schillandkim schillandkim

Hi,
    As the owner of this restaurant I wish to publicly apologize for these incidents. I don't know what the cause is, however being so close together there must have been 1 related item. I can however say that we sell an extremely large amount of Vegetarian/Vegan items to a lot of regular customers for many years and have never had any other incidences like these.

Michael X. James
Michael X. James

Not so much...

Posted on 11 / 10 / 2013

UPDATED REVIEW: After eating here for my second time, both my girlfriend and I got sick. The food was tasty and I really wanted to LOVE this place because they even had a vegan special on the menu. Unfortunately I was violently ill after eating here. I contacted them about it but nobody responded. I likely will not return.

Previous review:
Vegan items labeled on the menu but you can ask your server about a few other options as well. It's good Mexican food. The refried beans are very good...get the chiliqueros (probably misspelled that). The enchiladas are ok. Very cool to see some vegan/vegetarian items on the menu. The owner stopped by our table and we told him how happy we were about that.

Pros: Friendly service, Vegan items
Cons: Got sick afterwards, Serves meat/cheese

Dear Owner and Manager of Tequila Sunrise Mexican Grill: