Tenon Vegetarian Cuisine

This Japanese cuisine vegetarian restaurants offers vegan options. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Japanese, Take-out
8362 Kennedy Rd, Unit 2
Markham, Ontario L3R9E5
905-415-9988

Open Wed-Mon 11am-9:30pm, closed Tue.

First Review by changsheng
Zo
Zo

A HIT with the whole fam!

5 Posted on 07 / 12 / 2014

The staff was very pleasant. There are so many options and we went for the all you can eat menu with a side of an order from the -al a carte menu- all the options we ordered were delicious. Definitely going back!

Pros: Menu, Price, Staff
Ohkamp
Ohkamp

Our favourite spot in the GTA

5 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2014

We've had a dozen dishes there in the past few months and have loved every one of them. Can't praise this place enough. The vegan sushi is incredible (caterpillar role is one of my favorites) and the orange chicken, satay, wonton soup, and basil eggplant are not to be missed. Just about everything on the menu is vegan (I think just the desserts aren't) and the staff is incredibly kind. Highly recommend Tenon. Just wish they were a bit closer to downtown!

Pros: delicious, fair prices , well presented
Cons: bit far from downtown
Ken4057
Ken4057

Great for vegans

5 Posted on 06 / 11 / 2013

If they'd just replace the mayo with vegan mayo, nearly the entire menu would be vegan. We come here for the all-you-can-eat sushi and leave stuffed and in heaven. $21.99 for dinner, and worth every penny.

They received and award from PETA for Top 10 vegan sushi restos in North America. Well deserved.

• Ken4057 Ken4057

Since I wrote this review they have updated their menu and now understand what items are vegan and what aren't. If they bought some vegan mayo it would make nearly everything vegan, but they really try hard otherwise. Five Happy Cows!

family of vegans
family of vegans

Top 10? Number 1!

4 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2013

This place is great! The all-you-can-eat sushi deal is the best!They will make as many of there sushi menu items as you can eat. don't leave any leftovers! They we very vegan friendly, pointing out what was and adapting anything we wanted. Presentation is very impressive. The sweet potato rolls and the caterpillar were our favourites

Pros: vegan sushi!, lots of options, friendly staff
Kim.c
Kim.c

Great restaurant!

5 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2013

I love this place! They have beautiful decor and the restaurant is very clean. I have eaten here a couple times and will continue to go back. They offer all you can eat as well as the regular menu. The times that I have had all you can eat were great because I got to try a great variety of dishes, if you plan on eating a lot it's worth it. I would definitely recommend the tempura, the chicken teriyaki bento box and the crispy avocado rolls. They also offer a variety of vegan sashimi which is neat and looks really close to the real thing but I have never been a fan of seafood myself. I did try the crab rolls which tasted too much like the real thing for me (like the ocean!) but if you like crab then I would recommend it.

Pros: Excellent food, Great staff, Nice decor
  • Kim.c Kim.c

I forgot to mention that I am a vegan and the staff were very helpful by telling me which items on the menu are vegan. There have been a couple of times when I almost ordered something with egg or dairy without knowing and the server pointed out that it was not vegan, so definitely let the staff know before you order if you are vegan or have any allergies.

warino
warino

Delicious, original, incredible food!!

5 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2012

Putting it simply: GO! You will not be disappointed. Possibly the only vegetarian sushi restaurant in the GTA. And, by vegetarian, I mean NO FISH. They offer mock sashimi, creative sushi rolls, tempura, teriyaki etc. The owner/chef says the ingredients are all unique for North America and imported from Japan. The variety, presentation and flavor combinations in the sushi are the chef's own inspiration, and that makes this fairly nondescript restaurant in a strip mall so enthralling. Worth the trip out to the boonies for sure. The restaurant is not vegan, as they use eggs and mayonnaise and cheese in certain dishes, so be sure to inquire. However, the chef understands the vegan diet and can easily accommodate. We had a few of the sushis without the mayo, for example, but it was so flavorful, I wonder why he would need the mayo in the first place (he subs avocado for mayo - brilliant). Anyway, you must try this place, to help support this culinary artist's vision of sushi, to enjoy uniquely delicious food, and possibly inspire copycats so that as vegans, we can enjoy more than just cucumber and avocado rolls at the neighborhood sushi place. YUM!

Pros: Food, Price/Value, Originality
Cons: Distance from DT, Parking is tight at peak times, Not all vegan
orichang
orichang

OMG! Love it!!!

5 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2012

It's amazing, This #1 place I ever had that I can enjoy eating so much various Japanese dishes here. I always go to this restaurant when I visit Toronto. The Best!!!

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, good value
Cons: good service, efficient
Lulu22
Lulu22

Sushi

5 Posted on 12 / 12 / 2011

The veggie salmon sushi there are really good and also the veggie shrimp tempura. Really good place to go! Strongly recommend!

changsheng
changsheng

best cuisine

5 Posted on 12 / 12 / 2011

excellent veggie sushi and party tray for the holiday.

Pros: excellent food, good value, healthy cuisine

Dear Owner and Manager of Tenon Vegetarian Cuisine: