Tenon Vegetarian Cuisine

Japanese cuisine vegetarian restaurant. Offers bento meals and sushi rolls. Or choose all-you-can-eat deals. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Japanese, Buffet, Take-out

JazzyCow
JazzyCow

Fantastic All-You-Can-Eat Sushi!!!

Posted on 04 / 02 / 2016

I love that all vegetarian all-you-can-eat sushi actually exists! The selection was great, although not as much at lunch time. All the sushi was fantastic. The only downside was that certain rolls had mayo in them, so not vegan, but I've heard you can ask them to swap avocado in for them, so maybe next time I go, I'll try that!

Pros: Delicious Sushi, Quaint Atmosphere
Cons: Less Selection at Lunch, Not Totally Vegan, But Close
Derina
Derina

Great service and all-you-can-eat deal

Posted on 08 / 08 / 2015

This restaurant offered an incredibly vegan-friendly menu with a plethora of choices. I took my brother and his roommate out and they were very pleasantly surprised that everything was vegan and so delicious. The all-you-can-eat option is a great deal and allows you to try a number of different items. The staff were very kind and attentive as well, adding to the experience. Would definitely go again!

Pros: Large menu, Friendly staff, Good value
mquito
mquito

sweet find!

Posted on 08 / 01 / 2015

Had a great date night here! We had a lovely private room with tea and miso soup to start (nice surprise!). I ordered the sushi bento box - avocado, sweet potato tempura & radish. Yum! Our waitress surprised us with beautifully displayed orange for dessert. I am so excited to have found a delicious veg resto closer than downtown Toronto and not raw. PS. my husband got the Chicken Teriyaki and he said it was amazing.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, vegan sushi, nice atmospher

gwild
gwild

all you can eat sushi

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2015

This place is absolutely amazing. I would rank it among my top restaurants of all time.
We have returned here a few times since our initial visit and it has been consistently wonderful. The food is always fresh and the service friendly. The only change from our prior review is that our new favorite is the King mushroom sushi roll.

We stopped here on our way home from Toronto. They have a large menu you can order from or a shorter menu from which you can chose all you can eat for $14. (Price higher at supper time)
We went for the all you can eat menu. We shared numerous appetizers, noodle dishes, and sushi. Everything was wonderful.
My son's favorite item was the crispy avocado roll. (sushi with avocado and tempura) My daughter loved the sushi pizza and the seaweed salad. I was't fond of the seaweed salad as the texture was too chewy but my daughter loved it.
The pizza had a thick crispy rice crust covered with diced ingredients.
My husband's favorite was the "beef" noodle dish.

We all liked the yummy crispy and the crispy fish. We also had the yam and the broccoli tempura. Next time we go we will order fewer fried items and more sushi
The desert consisted of a single scoop of ice cream which was good because we were all stuffed by then. We loved the red bean and the mango ice cream.
This is a place I plan to return to.
Updated from previous review on Thursday August 28, 2014

Pros: fast friendly service, fresh delicious food
Zo
Zo

A HIT with the whole fam!

Posted on 07 / 12 / 2014

The staff was very pleasant. There are so many options and we went for the all you can eat menu with a side of an order from the -al a carte menu- all the options we ordered were delicious. Definitely going back!

Pros: Menu, Price, Staff
Ohkamp
Ohkamp

Our favourite spot in the GTA

Posted on 02 / 15 / 2014

We've had a dozen dishes there in the past few months and have loved every one of them. Can't praise this place enough. The vegan sushi is incredible (caterpillar role is one of my favorites) and the orange chicken, satay, wonton soup, and basil eggplant are not to be missed. Just about everything on the menu is vegan (I think just the desserts aren't) and the staff is incredibly kind. Highly recommend Tenon. Just wish they were a bit closer to downtown!

Pros: delicious, fair prices , well presented
Cons: bit far from downtown

Great for vegans

Posted on 06 / 11 / 2013

If they'd just replace the mayo with vegan mayo, nearly the entire menu would be vegan. We come here for the all-you-can-eat sushi and leave stuffed and in heaven. $21.99 for dinner, and worth every penny.

They received and award from PETA for Top 10 vegan sushi restos in North America. Well deserved.

Ken4057

Since I wrote this review they have updated their menu and now understand what items are vegan and what aren't. If they bought some vegan mayo it would make nearly everything vegan, but they really try hard otherwise. Five Happy Cows!

family of vegans
family of vegans

Top 10? Number 1!

Posted on 05 / 23 / 2013

This place is great! The all-you-can-eat sushi deal is the best!They will make as many of there sushi menu items as you can eat. don't leave any leftovers! They we very vegan friendly, pointing out what was and adapting anything we wanted. Presentation is very impressive. The sweet potato rolls and the caterpillar were our favourites

Pros: vegan sushi!, lots of options, friendly staff

Great restaurant!

Posted on 01 / 10 / 2013

I love this place! They have beautiful decor and the restaurant is very clean. I have eaten here a couple times and will continue to go back. They offer all you can eat as well as the regular menu. The times that I have had all you can eat were great because I got to try a great variety of dishes, if you plan on eating a lot it's worth it. I would definitely recommend the tempura, the chicken teriyaki bento box and the crispy avocado rolls. They also offer a variety of vegan sashimi which is neat and looks really close to the real thing but I have never been a fan of seafood myself. I did try the crab rolls which tasted too much like the real thing for me (like the ocean!) but if you like crab then I would recommend it.

Pros: Excellent food, Great staff, Nice decor
    Kim.c

I forgot to mention that I am a vegan and the staff were very helpful by telling me which items on the menu are vegan. There have been a couple of times when I almost ordered something with egg or dairy without knowing and the server pointed out that it was not vegan, so definitely let the staff know before you order if you are vegan or have any allergies.

warino
warino

Delicious, original, incredible food!!

Posted on 01 / 07 / 2012

Putting it simply: GO! You will not be disappointed. Possibly the only vegetarian sushi restaurant in the GTA. And, by vegetarian, I mean NO FISH. They offer mock sashimi, creative sushi rolls, tempura, teriyaki etc. The owner/chef says the ingredients are all unique for North America and imported from Japan. The variety, presentation and flavor combinations in the sushi are the chef's own inspiration, and that makes this fairly nondescript restaurant in a strip mall so enthralling. Worth the trip out to the boonies for sure. The restaurant is not vegan, as they use eggs and mayonnaise and cheese in certain dishes, so be sure to inquire. However, the chef understands the vegan diet and can easily accommodate. We had a few of the sushis without the mayo, for example, but it was so flavorful, I wonder why he would need the mayo in the first place (he subs avocado for mayo - brilliant). Anyway, you must try this place, to help support this culinary artist's vision of sushi, to enjoy uniquely delicious food, and possibly inspire copycats so that as vegans, we can enjoy more than just cucumber and avocado rolls at the neighborhood sushi place. YUM!

Pros: Food, Price/Value, Originality
Cons: Distance from DT, Parking is tight at peak times, Not all vegan
orichang
orichang

OMG! Love it!!!

Posted on 01 / 07 / 2012

It's amazing, This #1 place I ever had that I can enjoy eating so much various Japanese dishes here. I always go to this restaurant when I visit Toronto. The Best!!!

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, good value
Cons: good service, efficient
Lulu22
Lulu22

Sushi

Posted on 12 / 12 / 2011

The veggie salmon sushi there are really good and also the veggie shrimp tempura. Really good place to go! Strongly recommend!

changsheng
changsheng

best cuisine

Posted on 12 / 12 / 2011

excellent veggie sushi and party tray for the holiday.

Pros: excellent food, good value, healthy cuisine

Dear Owner and Manager of Tenon Vegetarian Cuisine: