Kosher-friendly bistro offering Mediterranean and Israeli cuisines, opened Apr 2010. Bright interior with modern decor. Food is vegan and gluten free with sample items including breakfast sets with apricot butter, Ras el Hanout chutney, tempeh camembert, veggie burgers, soy shwarma, tofu kofta kebab, and hummus. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Kosher, Mediterranean, Israeli, Middle Eastern, Take-out
Poznanska 11
Warsaw, Poland 00-650
+48-22-6211128

Open Mon-Fri 8am-2am, Sat-Sun 9am-2am.

First Review by lovela5
hack_man
hack_man

Believe in Tel-Aviv

5 Posted on 12 / 04 / 2013

A truly truly fabulous place serving middle eastern type food such as many variations of humous dishes, aubergine, dolma, olives, falafel and peppers. There is a great atmosphere here, it's located in a happening part of town with a great vibe. Lunchtimes are extremely busy whilst the same goes for evening dining where there is a really special buzz around the place. In fact, I might as well say the place is busy all the time. There is a lunchtime special everyday, beer and wine are available as well as outdoor seating. I loved this place instantly and always visit at least twice on a trip to Warsaw. This place is now an essential part of my Warsaw veggie experience and no visit would be complete without going for a lunchtime buffet and an evening mezze spectacular. After a huge refit in December 2013 Tel Aviv is just going to get better and better. I cannot wait to go back and see the results.

Pros: atmosphere, food, layout
Cons: tables not cleared quickly
TataVislevskaya
TataVislevskaya

Come to brunch and don't order shawarma.

3 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2013

I like this place in tote: central location, friendly staff, dog friendly and clear vegan dishes. But I can't recommend to order soy shawarma, maybe, it was bad day for chef, but my dish was extremely hot, tasteless and strange, nothing mutual with true shawarma. The portions of dishes in general menu are small and some main dishes are pricey for the final quality, so come to all-you-can-eat vegan buffet. It's more profitable.

Pros: All-you-can-eat tasty brunch, Dog friendly, Good location
Cons: Tasteless shawarma , Smoking allowed, A little bit pricey
JeremieKarlsson
JeremieKarlsson

loved it, will definitely go back!

5 Posted on 08 / 11 / 2013

I loved this place, super nice and helpful staff. delicious food. I had a selection of pastes and hummus which was really nice. Had also a vegan chocolate cake as dessert, lovely.

Pros: nice place and staff, tasty and spicy, traditional hummus stuff
Ophee
Ophee

Love love love this place!

5 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2013

I came here by chance on the day they have their Israeli buffet. DELICIOUS. I stuffed myself. So much good stuff. So relaxing too. Amazing atmosphere. Cant wait to go back :)

J-Veg
J-Veg

Good value middle-eastern food, but not the best

3 Posted on 01 / 28 / 2013

We went here for dinner on a recent trip to Warsaw to eat at a vegan friendly place that is relatively close to the main station and the Palace of Culture and Science/PKiN (about 5 blocks).

The atmosphere was really nice and the decoration quite homely. We managed to get a table and were served by a really helpful waitress.

The dishes that were suitable for vegans were clearly marked in the menu, which was also in English. We went for a dish with hummus, falafel, salad and sauces in bread. The quality of the food wasn't spectacular - not much more than we would expect from our local falafel takeaway in Berlin (although perhaps we're spoilt!). There were also soups on offer, along with various other dishes and the option to simply order bread and salad and a mix of your favourite dips (e.g. hummus, baba ganoush etc.).

Unfortunately none of the desserts were suitable for vegans, leaving us a little disappointed, although the did offer to make us a strawberry 'crush' when we asked.

There was also a small selection of spreads, pickles and oil for sale in the small 'deli' section by the front.

The price we paid wasn't a lot so we were happy with the value, but I wouldn't describe the food as fantastic. This place is worth checking out if your on a budget or just fancy a light lunch, but I wouldn't recommend it for a big dinner (especially if you're vegan), and would instead recommend VEG (http://www.happycow.net/reviews.php?id=35882)

Pros: Inexpensive, Nice middle-eastern food and vibe
Cons: Not the best quality food, No vegan desserts on offer when we went
lovela5
lovela5

Very cozy

3 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2012

I always go there when I'm in Warsaw on the weekend. I usually go there for breakfast and order Laffa for breakfast. They also have a small breakfast buffet, however not everything is vegan. The servers do understand the vegan diet and are always very helpful. I went there about 3 times and after last time I kinda got bored of this place...

I really like their spicy sauce !

Pros: Cozy
Cons: A little pricey

Dear Owner and Manager of Tel-Aviv Cafe:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Warsaw page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2013/09/27