Kosher-friendly bistro offering Mediterranean and Israeli cuisines, opened Apr 2010. Bright interior with modern decor. Food is vegan and gluten free with sample items including breakfast sets with apricot butter, Ras el Hanout chutney, tempeh camembert, veggie burgers, soy shwarma, tofu kofta kebab, and hummus. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Kosher, Mediterranean, Israeli, Middle Eastern, Take-out

Mountjoy32
Mountjoy32

Shawarma

Posted on 11 / 20 / 2014

Great place for a meal or small bites. There is a page on the menu with a list of about 15 things you can choose to order a small amount of, for just 5plz each (1gbp) . I really liked getting to try many things.

Vegan shawarma was fantastic. It was smokey and well-spiced. Salty. The texture was incredible... Kinda melts in your mouth. I never ate meat like that, but my friend that had said it was too realistic, texturally.

Tofu was really good too... Sauce on it was nice and light... A little spicy.

Hummas had perfect texture. A little on the bland side for me, but still good.

Spicy red sauce was terrific. Good heat, but not extraordinarily hot.

Got some curry thing as well that was the texture of hummas. It was nice.

Mushroom soup was wonderful. Very earthy and interesting.

Falafel wrap was very nice. Really big. Great value. There is a sweet sauce on it that tastes kind of like raisins.

Highlights of the meal for me were definitely the shawarma and the mushroom soup.

Service was spot on. Atmosphere was alright. A little crammed. Tables too close together. But it wasn't bad. Free wifi was nice.

Oh, and I tried to go the previous night at 1am and it was closed. I'd suggest calling beforehand if you're planning to go late at night.

Pros: shawarma , mushroom soup, service
Cons: kinda crammed
TobiasLeenaert
TobiasLeenaert

Great

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2014

Great moussaka, nice atmosphere, friendly service, Wi-Fi...

Laxsill
Laxsill

Great brunch

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2014

I've eaten both the lunch and the brunch at Tel-Aviv Cafe. The lunch was really good but the brunch was really something special. It was a classic way to make great middle eastern food: half of the food was stirs like baba ganoush, hummus et cetera, served with bread, soup and a couple of heavier courses. No coffee included, though. Despite them calling it brunch.

Vera Peres
Vera Peres

Rather disappointing

Posted on 07 / 07 / 2014

I have been going to Tel Aviv since its opening in 2011 and, despite being happy with it being 100% vegan now (not sure about this though, as they have cow's milk on the menu), I was never sure about the quality of the food.

The falafel and hummus are average, the shwarma is too spicy which overpowers all the rest, and the burger has a massive bun for a small patty (which is also a bit dry).

Last time I decided to try one of the salads. The dish was not only not what I had ordered (tofu shashlik) , but wasn't even on the menu. It was one single slice of tasteless coated tofu for an enormous salad which was extremely bitter towards the end.

The waitress was not very nice and the bill was quite expensive for a nothing special meal.

With so many places in Warsaw to have nice vegan burgers and hummus, I don't think I'll be going back to Tel Aviv.

Pros: Nice location, Interesting menu
Cons: Average food, Very pricey, Unfriendly staff
VeganChristianGal
VeganChristianGal

I don't want go there again

Posted on 06 / 12 / 2014

I went there for my bday on the 11th. The food was good, but the restaurant is very unclean. The wall looks dirty, and it was under construction or something on the outside. It was so dusty. Waitress was not as friendly. I think because it was not as nice, there were so many mosquitos in the restaurant, so I got over 7 bites in less than 1 hour. My mom got many bites as well. There is no out sitting area. I would never go back. Just a bad experience. I made a reservation before I went, they really should inform me about the construction. Yap. Just because the food was good, doesn't mean other things aren't important, if they charge me so much they should have a clean place at least. My advice, don't go!!!!

Pros: Good food
Cons: The place is not clean:( mosquitos , Expensive, Waitress not as friendly
hack_man
hack_man

Believe in Tel-Aviv

Posted on 12 / 04 / 2013

A truly truly fabulous place serving middle eastern type food such as many variations of humous dishes, aubergine, dolma, olives, falafel and peppers. There is a great atmosphere here, it's located in a happening part of town with a great vibe. Lunchtimes are extremely busy whilst the same goes for evening dining where there is a really special buzz around the place. In fact, I might as well say the place is busy all the time. There is a lunchtime special everyday, beer and wine are available as well as outdoor seating. I loved this place instantly and always visit at least twice on a trip to Warsaw. This place is now an essential part of my Warsaw veggie experience and no visit would be complete without going for a lunchtime buffet and an evening mezze spectacular. After a huge refit in December 2013 Tel Aviv is just going to get better and better. I cannot wait to go back and see the results.

Pros: atmosphere, food, layout
Cons: tables not cleared quickly
TataVislevskaya
TataVislevskaya

Come to brunch and don't order shawarma.

Posted on 11 / 12 / 2013

I like this place in tote: central location, friendly staff, dog friendly and clear vegan dishes. But I can't recommend to order soy shawarma, maybe, it was bad day for chef, but my dish was extremely hot, tasteless and strange, nothing mutual with true shawarma. The portions of dishes in general menu are small and some main dishes are pricey for the final quality, so come to all-you-can-eat vegan buffet. It's more profitable.

Pros: All-you-can-eat tasty brunch, Dog friendly, Good location
Cons: Tasteless shawarma , Smoking allowed, A little bit pricey
JeremieKarlsson
JeremieKarlsson

loved it, will definitely go back!

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2013

I loved this place, super nice and helpful staff. delicious food. I had a selection of pastes and hummus which was really nice. Had also a vegan chocolate cake as dessert, lovely.

Pros: nice place and staff, tasty and spicy, traditional hummus stuff
Ophee
Ophee

Love love love this place!

Posted on 05 / 16 / 2013

I came here by chance on the day they have their Israeli buffet. DELICIOUS. I stuffed myself. So much good stuff. So relaxing too. Amazing atmosphere. Cant wait to go back :)

J-Veg
J-Veg

Good value middle-eastern food, but not the best

Posted on 01 / 28 / 2013

We went here for dinner on a recent trip to Warsaw to eat at a vegan friendly place that is relatively close to the main station and the Palace of Culture and Science/PKiN (about 5 blocks).

The atmosphere was really nice and the decoration quite homely. We managed to get a table and were served by a really helpful waitress.

The dishes that were suitable for vegans were clearly marked in the menu, which was also in English. We went for a dish with hummus, falafel, salad and sauces in bread. The quality of the food wasn't spectacular - not much more than we would expect from our local falafel takeaway in Berlin (although perhaps we're spoilt!). There were also soups on offer, along with various other dishes and the option to simply order bread and salad and a mix of your favourite dips (e.g. hummus, baba ganoush etc.).

Unfortunately none of the desserts were suitable for vegans, leaving us a little disappointed, although the did offer to make us a strawberry 'crush' when we asked.

There was also a small selection of spreads, pickles and oil for sale in the small 'deli' section by the front.

The price we paid wasn't a lot so we were happy with the value, but I wouldn't describe the food as fantastic. This place is worth checking out if your on a budget or just fancy a light lunch, but I wouldn't recommend it for a big dinner (especially if you're vegan), and would instead recommend VEG (http://www.happycow.net/reviews.php?id=35882)

Pros: Inexpensive, Nice middle-eastern food and vibe
Cons: Not the best quality food, No vegan desserts on offer when we went
lovela5
lovela5

Very cozy

Posted on 05 / 24 / 2012

I always go there when I'm in Warsaw on the weekend. I usually go there for breakfast and order Laffa for breakfast. They also have a small breakfast buffet, however not everything is vegan. The servers do understand the vegan diet and are always very helpful. I went there about 3 times and after last time I kinda got bored of this place...

I really like their spicy sauce !

Pros: Cozy
Cons: A little pricey

Dear Owner and Manager of Tel-Aviv Cafe:

Thank you for being a Plus FRIEND supporter.

There are more ways to promote your business on HappyCow, including:

1. Advertise your large, custom banner on the Warsaw page, or any other regional page
  2. Upgrade to Premium FRIEND status to get a Spotlight Feature in HappyCow's popular e-Newsletter, MooZine. You'll also get generous discounts on any additional advertising

Please email us if you have questions, or to get started today!

Last updated: 2014/07/23