CLOSED: Tediberto's

All vegan restaurant serving tacos, burritos and much more. Serves Mexican inspired modern cuisine. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Mexican
110 E Roosevelt St (N Central Ave)
Phoenix, Arizona 85004
602-606-2034

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by CultofKale
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Tediberto's - AKA Amazing Vegan Mexican Food!

5 Posted on 11 / 22 / 2012

Amazing food and terribly slow service - but honestly the food is so good I'd wait hours for it if I had to. I had the nachos and a quesadilla. My favorite was the nachos, they were so amazing that I cannot even put words to it. The sauces were out of this world and clearly innovative. I've never had vegan nacho's even close to this good in my life (and I've eaten at many vegan restaurants) - I might have to make an annual pilgrimage to Arizona just for these nachos! I'm not kidding! Try them for yourself!

Tigra220
Tigra220

DELICIOUS VEGAN MEXICAN FOOD... FINALLY!

4 Posted on 11 / 03 / 2012

I was out late & decided to give Tediberto's a try. I called first but didn't get an answer; I took a chance and went anyway. It was 10pm on el Día de los Muertos and they were open (& nicely decorated). It was quiet (no music playing when I was there), clean, neat, and had a very cool atmosphere. I ordered my food to go, and the man who took my order was very nice & helpful, as was another employee who was present.

I ordered the No Whey Jose Nachos and the borrachitos tacos (2 tacos in a crispy tortilla shell). Everything was SO unbelievably amazing. This is what vegan Latina dreams are made of! It was fresh, spiced to perfection (even the cabbage, which I had every intention of throwing away, was yum.), & delicious! The sauce that comes with the nachos was addictive. I'm getting extra next time. I had enough food for 2 people. 1 entree is quite filling and under $10. I also had a tiramisu cupcake, which was quite yummy as well.

I definitely plan to frequent this spot.

Pros: Amazing comida Mexicana, Friendly staff, Open late
kwanza
kwanza

Impressed

4 Posted on 10 / 18 / 2012

All-Mexican menu featuring nachos, enchiladas, quesadillas, tacos - all items are vegan and gluten-free. Most mains cost $8, and the taco of the days cost $5. I'd say that one dish per person is not enough for a filling meal. But most dishes seem to be good for sharing. There are a couple of vegan desserts too, but I didn't try them.

Most, but not all, of the dishes feature fake chorizo and/or fake cheese (made in-house from nutritional yeast). I enjoyed my meal, but be aware that the food is pretty spicy. The waiter will warn you about this - if you want a little less fire, just ask.

The restaurant could be mistaken for a trendy bar - decent music but a little loud for a restaurant ambience in my opinion; dark with brightly lit tables - in fact, so dark that I couldn't really see my food very well!

It's open late, which is awesome. And the service was excellent.

Pros: open late, all vegan, great service
Cons: not quite the ambience I was looking for

eric
eric

Great for late night

5 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2012

I was waiting for a friend and it was getting late. Checked local listings and was happy to find this place since it's open till 2am. I tried calling first and no one picked up, but still decided to go and it was open 9pm on a weeknight.
Had no idea what to expect, even from the outside which is still un-marked, but was happy to find a cool, relaxed scene, slightly upscale, trendy place.
The menu is all vegan Mexican dishes and everything on it is spicy. I like spice, but my friend needed something toned down and they were able to accommodate with something made to order.
Everything we ordered was presented nice and tasted great. I felt portions were a little small considering the price (definitely moderate) but you're paying for the ambiance. I really enjoyed the food and hope to see this place thrive.

Pros: Hours, Ambiance, Great Mexican Vegan Food
Cons: Little pricy
Shaaa
Shaaa

Beautiful food, ambiance and people! YUM!

5 Posted on 08 / 13 / 2012

Wow, vegan Mexican food in Phoenix??! Why didn't someone think of this sooner? Tediberto's is fantastic fun on so many levels. Good music, great service, the ambiance is simply breathtaking and the food is DELICIOUS. We've gone several times now and I can tell you that the nachos and quesadillas are the best I've ever had. They make their own cheese and it is hands down better than anything you'll buy at a store. I really wish they'd retail it. The water is tasty too, they flavor it using different herbs and fruit. It seems as if they are low on money as they don't have a sign nor have the advertised. But I hope Tedi's is around forever because it's the best vegan restaurant in Phoenix.

Pros: Tasty original food, Amazing Ambiance, Great staff
Cons: Hard to find because of no sign, Wish they were open more
CultofKale
CultofKale

Delicious Food, Great Atmosphere, Affordable Price

5 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2012

When it comes to being a Mexican and being a vegan, a lot of the foods I grew up with were tossed to the side in favor of animal rights. With Tediberto's, I get to relive my childhood through food in a cruelty-free way. The atmosphere is really intimate, I enjoyed being able to chat with my husband over our light-up table and beneath metal lanterns. The food was delicious, the nachos were magical. Really and truly magical, and pulled me back to a place in my life where Tex-Mex food was predominate, only with kale. We went on a busy night, each booth and table were filled with a mix of vegans and veg-curious, some coming off the street just to give it a try. Overheard that evening: "What, this is vegan? There is not real cheese in this? You're kidding." and, "Where I have failed in perfecting vegan nachos, they have succeeded." With the decor and downtown location, I expected to pay a bit more for the food. I was pleasantly surprised: our two-person dinner only cost us $20. This is a great date location, but for the prices I see no reason this won't become a new favorite lunch stop.

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff, Intimate
Cons: Hard to Find

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Tediberto's: