REMOVED: Teatree Cafe and E...

Serving sandwiches, quiche, vegan chili with cornbread, soup, salad, and desserts. Loose leaf tea and espresso coffee. Gluten free options. OCT 2014 REPORTED CHANGE OF OWNER, NO LONGER PURE VEG. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Western, Canadian
867 Danforth Ave
Toronto, Ontario M4J 1L8

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by melskunk

Has potential

Posted on 07 / 02 / 2012

I haven't made a point of trying this place because it has so few vegan options. But we were in the neighbourhood and gave it a try. We had the cornmeal pancakes which were topped with two kinds of fruit jam (compote?) and they were DELICIOUS. We got cold teas which were bland. Promising, but just too few options (generally, but especially vegan) to make a trip for it.

Pros: tasty food, nice atmosphere, fast service
Cons: so few options, hours

Tiny menu, quite boring

Posted on 08 / 17 / 2011

Came here starving one day with my partner. We were the only customers. Not much choice as they were out of half of the items on the chalkboard, and we're vegans. She had a beefy stew, and it was very boring, and had cheap TVP in it. I had a bean burger, which was filling but boring.

Will probably not return.

Tasty, hearty food

Posted on 01 / 14 / 2011

I've just recently gone here and I was very happy with my meal. Previously I'd been put off by what, at the time, seemed like a small menu, but either they expanded their menu or I misread it, because they had a decent selection of food. I chose the vegan chili, which was very filling though not quite as spicy as I like, and the corn bread that came with it is delicious. There was a wide selection of vegan desserts as well, and of course teas.

I would most likely come here more often if it wasn't only open lunch hours. I'm rarely in this side of town at lunchtime.

Pros: Delicious, Inexpensive, Charming
Cons: Hours

Dear Owner and Manager of REMOVED: Teatree Cafe and Eatery: