Vegan cafe and ice cream parlor by the catering company "Teatime Collective," open mid-Sept 2013. Eco friendly and offers fair-trade tea and coffee. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, British, English, Western, Catering

booklover84
booklover84

Fantastic burgers

Posted on 11 / 22 / 2014

Can't believe I've only just visited this place, been meaning to for ages. Fantastic burgers (I had the one stuffed with vegan cheese), and amazing oreo cake. I really wanted to order everything on the menu, will definitely be back soon.

Pros: Great food, Large portions, Completely vegan
tinyterror
tinyterror

The Best

Posted on 10 / 25 / 2014

Teatime collective is our favourite, food is always amazing and the cakes and ice cream a must. Vegan heaven.

RubyFriel
RubyFriel

Cracking cafe, especially the cake and ice cream

Posted on 09 / 30 / 2014

Cracking vegan cafe offering breakfasts, sandwiches, burgers, cakes, and more. It is also a mini vegan ice cream parlour. Just off Hulme Park in a nice quiet spot. It is comfort food at it's best & very reasonably priced. A great alternative to the usual 'healthy' vegan cafe's we have known for so long.... for those who are not *always* in the mood for green juices and raw cocoa balls. Sometimes we vegans want chips and cake.

THE CAKES ARE THE BEST I'VE EVER HAD. Catherine the owner should go on BBC's bake off and show them how not to ruin perfectly good cakes with eggs & milk.

They make cakes to order and also do event catering. I had a buffet made for a family gathering that went down a treat.

Really nice people.

Everyone must go and support this great little cafe, I only wish I could visit more.

Pros: CAKE, ICE CREAM, NICE PEOPLE

cool5cats
cool5cats

Gorgeous Food&friendly Staff

Posted on 06 / 11 / 2014

I have a very happy full belly having just had a gorgeous dinner at teatime collective. The Italian burger was beautiful. My sister had the mushroom and leek soup and said that was lovely too. The lad serving us was helpful and friendly. Recommend totally. I will be going again definitely!

Pros: Food, Friendly, Venue
mcrvegan
mcrvegan

Essential cafe!

Posted on 04 / 17 / 2014

After hearing so many good things about Teatime Collective i couldn't wait to visit and it's just what Manchester needs! A cafe ran by people who know what vegans yearn for.

The large vegan breakfast is the best I've eaten in any cafe and will never go anywhere else in this city ever again! Not just your regular mushrooms but also inc. oyster and shitake ones!! Plus the coffee was good and to finish our breakfast we had a sundae topped with cream and syrup. Amazing!

Can't wait to come back for the other meals!

Pros: Ice cream flavours, Friendly staff, Quality food
J-Veg
J-Veg

Great cafe and community hub

Posted on 04 / 09 / 2014

I've had food from Teatime Collective before at vegan events and finally managed to get down to their cafe for the first time since it opened.

I'm always impressed by the food, whether it's vegan fast-food, wholesome meals or sweet treats. This time we had cake and hot chocolate while sitting in the shipping container next door, which they have converted into a cosy space, which feels more like sitting at home in your living room!

I would definitely recommend going and supporting them as they offer delicious yet reasonably-priced vegan food and a hub for the local community.

Pros: Good value, Great food
niallmc
niallmc

Tea time collective, not just for tea

Posted on 02 / 24 / 2014

Nestled snugly in hulme park is this vegan collective. Full selection of veg burgers and sandwiches if you're searching out a macrobiotic diet you've taken a wrong turn. However if homemade vegan ice cream, chocolate cake and fries with your food excite you then make the trip here. 10 minute walk from deansgate train station at least you can walk off some of that food after you eat.

A converted container with hear and seats provides most if the insure seating.

Great, really great and well worth your support

I had mint chic chip milkshake , chic cake preceded by huge sandwich and fries.

Pros: Tasty food, Great staff, Lovely atmosphere
Cons: A bit cramped
Oh Cheese
Oh Cheese

Eclair in the Community :)

Posted on 02 / 11 / 2014

Hulme has a vibrant community that has always challenged the status quo; with the arts, music and it's cohesive multi-cultural population. Tea Time is an absolute gem in Hulme, reflecting and bringing together this community spirit. High standard food with affordable prices to cater for Hulme's alternative residents.

The staff are super friendly and down to earth and the whole place has the relaxed atmosphere of a community cafe with the standard of food, service and decor that you'd expect from an up-market restaurant.

Make sure you're hungry when you go because you'll want the milkshakes, specials, club sandwich, cakes and the ice cream!

Pros: Brilliant vegan food, Relaxed, family friendly atmosphere, Very affordable
Cons: Evening opening on request w/ groups 8+
JB23
JB23

Vegan heaven...

Posted on 02 / 02 / 2014

Fantastic little cafe with a range of vegan sandwiches, soups and mains, plus mouth watering vegan cakes and ice cream. Low cost, high quality food. Staff are friendly and the coffee is amazing too! They also have the new extra seating area. Will definitely go back and support this vegan workers' co-op whenever I am in Hulme - can't wait for my next tasty lunchtime treat!

Pros: Vegan, Low Cost
Cons: Quite hard to find , Limited opening times
arherron
arherron

Excellent cafe

Posted on 01 / 04 / 2014

We visited for the first time on 4th January 2014 and there is now room for 20 plus people in the adjacent, cozy converted shipping container as well as 6-8 covers in the main area. The menu is brilliant, there's a breakfast menu, a lunchtime menu and a daily specials. The burgers are homemade (the chipotle and malaysian ones that we tried are outstanding). The portions are generous, the staff friendly and attentive and it's all vegan. The pizza menu looks great too - next time! We also enjoyed a whipped cream hot chocolate and some cheesy garlic bread. It's a quirky, friendly and delicious cafe that deserves to do ell. I know we'll certainly be supporting it with our wallets and our tummies! It has been open since September 2013. Very sensible prices too. I wish I had had room for the Black Forest gauteaux.

Updated from previous review on Saturday January 04, 2014

The local paper, Manchester Evening News, also gave it a grat review a few days ago....

Pros: tasty, innovative menu, friendly and welcoming staff, daily specials menu too
Cons: Sat nav leads you near it but not to it
Veganbloke
Veganbloke

Great Little Place!

Posted on 11 / 02 / 2013

Tiny little cafe - maybe only 6 seats. Set menu (breakfast and lunch options) and daily lunch specials. Very reasonable/cheap - pie and small side salad for two quid! - and good quality. All Vegan - even several different vegan ice cream flavours. Soup, selection of home made burgers, cakes, sausage rolls - and even vegan black pudding in the full English breakfast.

Pros: Good prices

Dear Owner and Manager of Teatime Collective: