Teaism - Dupont Circle

Serves meat, veg options available. Asian-inspired teahouse and restaurant with a few D.C. locations. Offers a variety of teas plus small dishes and mains. Vegan choices include seaweed salad, sweet potato salad, and a veggie bento box. There is a koi pond downstairs. Location is 2 blocks north of Dupont Circle Metro stop. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Asian, Non-veg
2009 R St NW (Washington D.C.)
Washington, District Of Columbia 20009

Mon-Thu 8:00am-10:00pm, Fri 8:00am-11:00pm, Sat 9:00am-11:00pm, Sun 9:00am-10:00pm

First Review by Jgindc

Posted on 01 / 27 / 2015

I found this restaurant by mistake. I was inside native foods , another restaurant I found on happy cow and was unimpressed with their menu. The menu was full of veganized versions of unhealthy food I would avoid anyway, meatball grinders full of bastardized soy and wheat products . Another customer saw me struggling with the menu and sent me to teaism. I picked up the lentil soup and sweet potato salad. Real foods, really flavorful. I recommend this to any vegan. I caution it is not an all vegan, but what they do offer is far better than unhealthy spins on food true vegans want to avoid.

Pros: healthy juices, vegan options, carry out
Cons: not all vegan

Great food and tea

Posted on 08 / 01 / 2013

This place offers excellent tea and food. You order at the counter and bring the food to your own table. Many of the selections are not vegetarian (and hence I give this place only 4 cows), but the vegan selections they do have are top notch--healthy and delicious.

Pros: the vegan dishes are great, very healthy, nice atmosphere, beautiful decor
Cons: serves meat, counter service

Teaism rocks!

Posted on 01 / 01 / 2011

An oasis of tea and sanity in the Starbucks capital of the US (yes, more 'bucks than in Seattle). Too many teas to count; amazing selection of rare Asian and Asian-influenced entrees and sides; almost too many choices for a vegetarian. All this plus tons of personality. A wonderful Washinton insider haunt in every respect. AND you MUST try a salty oat cookie...!

Pros: Fabulous menu, especially 4 vegetarians, Intimate setting, Great location

Dear Owner and Manager of Teaism - Dupont Circle: