Offers Chinese food with dumplings, variety of mock meats, noodles, hot and cold tea. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Take-out, Asian, Taiwanese

• Cash only

First Review by vegan_simon
charmagama
charmagama

Really delicious and nice atmosphere

Posted on 04 / 20 / 2015

What a nice and cosy restaurant. This vegetarian Cafe has lots of vegan options. The staff are friendly and good customer service. This is my favourite lunch venue.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, reasonable price, very cute
sunsatori
sunsatori

Great Soups - Good Tea

Posted on 03 / 12 / 2015

A small cosy restaurant serving Asian meals and teas. The use fresh vegetables and mock meat in several of their dishes (if that is your thing). I ordered the dumplings (delicious)plus a soup and a pot of tea, which was enough food to feed two people really. The soup was filling, tasty and nutritious and it was nice to enjoy a pot of Asian tea with the meal. My companion ordered a mock chicken dish that came with an abundance of Asian greens and this was yummy too. Definitely worth another few visits to try more of their meals and teas.

Pros: Good Soups, Inexpensive, Teas
DavidHearne
DavidHearne

Great Vegetarian place, small but charming, lovely

Posted on 03 / 01 / 2014

I love Tea Master! Perhaps my second favourite veggie place in Brisbane, even as a vegan. Under Cathedral Place next to a Laundromat, this place has great good, great staff and I have never had a bad meal here. The potato balls are a must and the many mains are really well-priced and tasty. They can make most teas / drinks vegan for you - just ask. I always tip this place because I feel they have not charged me enough for the quality of food provided. A must.

Pros: Wonderful food, Good location, Can make vegan if asked
Cons: Not vegan - wish all was vegan

AshleighClark
AshleighClark

Possibly my favourite restaurant in Brisbane

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2014

I love this place. The atmosphere is simple and I feel comfortable there. I like that most of the dishes are more subtle in their flavours than the dishes I've had at many cheap asian restaurants. It doesn't make you feel sick as a result of heavy sauces and too much oil. The tea/drink selection is really good.

If you're on a low-FODMAP diet and want to eat some vegetarian/vegan food, this place is perfect. My mum, who is on this diet because of digestive problems, could've actually eaten most things here. Most of the dishes just use bok choy and carrot as the main vegetables. She would be fine with eating the tofu and mock meats, and they don't use onion in anything.

Pros: Nice atmosphere , Simple, tasty food, Good value
phraser
phraser

Nice food, nice tea

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2013

Really good food, lots of choices! Everything I've had was tasty and filling.

Unlike a similar restaurant nearby, they are open for dinner on Friday night, which is a big bonus.

The tea is fantastic.

Strongly recommend this place. Good if you're meeting strict buddhists (no onion/garlic).

Pros: Amazing tea, made well, Good range of food, Open for dinner on Friday
Cons: none really
Guest
Guest

One of Brisbane's best!

Posted on 06 / 09 / 2012

I have been an infrequent regular of Tea Master for a number of years now, and I can say with confidence they are very very good. The food, atmosphere, service, and the whole style or approach the restaurant takes is simple, unique, individual and very relaxed.

Food portions are slightly small, but inexpensive so order many...perhaps a bit too much use of corn flour, but the food is clean, fresh and tasty. They are strictly Asian Taoist vegetarian (no onion, garlic, chives, shallots, leeks) which is hard to find in any city, so the taste for most westerners may be bland, however they make up for it with good selection of sources.

Tea Master is one of the few restaurants I have been to anywhere, where they know how to serve proper Green Tea. They use high quality Green leaf teas from Taiwan, they provide a hot flask of water for you to top up your own teapot at your leisure, and serve the tea in traditional and practical little tea set. I hate going to a restaurant and getting served green tea in a tea bag that is floating with the string and label in water. Tea Master honours the customer by doing it properly.

The waitresses are lovely, very friendly, relaxed and low key...they are all clean living vegetarians themselves and take quality food service seriously.

The only downside to this restaurant is their opening hours are a bit restricted. 6pm weekdays (9pm Fri) is a bit hard to manage for a night out.

I would recommend Tea Master to anyone

ShadowCaster
ShadowCaster
  • non-vegetarian

Awesome!!

Posted on 05 / 09 / 2012

Go there for lunch a lot - love the Laksa - careful if you ask for it hot - it's HOT :)

Pros: Great food, Great service
LeighW
LeighW

Tea Master - lots of choices

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2012

We often go here for lunch. The service is good, food great with a varied menu and the prices are very reasonable. They have lots of small plates so we have like a vegetarian tapas and the ginger tea is delightful.
Updated from previous review on Friday January 27, 2012
Had another aweseome lunch there today, very tasty soups and radish cakes.

Pros: Great value, Lots of choices, Tasty food
Cons: Not many tables
dumpling
dumpling

mmmm

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2011

Yes I miss this place too. A nice little cafe, somewhere to pop in to get out of the hot weather and relax and be quiet. The Edame Soy beans a delicious mmm. Good little place for a single person to have some delicious food. I love the little mango puddings.

Pros: so good
Cons: want more, just like this, every where
katinjap
katinjap

Tea Master Rocks!

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2009

My partner and I just keep coming back here. There is such a lot to chose from and it's hard not to keep ordering the same yummy things you've tried before - 'duck' and rice set or sweet and sour 'pork' or hainan 'chicken' are our favourites.
It's open later on Fri nights but otherwise a lunch or early dinner place.
We're sure it is by far the best vegetarian Chinese food in town, and cheap too. Both full up spending less than $20 between us.

Pros: excellent food, good choice, good value
Cons: opening hours
vegan_simon
vegan_simon

great food, great value

Posted on 04 / 16 / 2009

Tea Master is located under the 'Cathedral Place' apartment complex (that takes up the entire block bounded by Wickham, Anne, Gotha & Gipps streets), on Wickham Street between Gotha & Gipps.

Tea Master has the best bean entree in town ("Young soybean with pepper & salt" [and star anise] for $3.90), and great dumplings. I also like the "chili bean paste rice" pot for mains ($6.90), and the [iced, savoury-sweet] "plum green tea" is a favorite of mine too.

This place is great value: good on them for maintaining a high quality standard of delicious, nutritious food while keeping their prices down.

Dear Owner and Manager of Tea Master: