Serves meat, veg options available. Tea house since 2006. Has a food menu that includes soups which are vegan suitable, a quinoa salad, and tofu on baquette. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Ovo, Asian, Non-veg
1927 Fairview Dr
Houston, Texas 77019

Mon 11:00am-12:00am, Tue-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Sat 11:00am-12:00am, Sun 11:00am-8:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by pennylane
  • herbivore

Nice atmosphere

Posted on 06 / 14 / 2015

Went here to this tea house on a Saturday around 6pm with my mom. It was a very relaxed atmosphere. They had nice seating area with charts on the table for what each type of tea was good for in regards to your health. Very friendly service. The food did take a while to come out but it was a nice atmosphere that we enjoyed while drinking our tea. There was going to be a traditional tea ceremony later on but we ended up leaving before that started. You can check the calendar for the different events that they hold.

We ordered a medium pot of tea to share of detoxing Rooibos tea that was recommended. The price for the medium pot was around $4. We received all different tea pot and cups. They were very cute. It was a very good light tea that you were able to taste some of the different flavors as you drank the pot. We ended up finishing the pot and asked for extra hot water. The second time around it was lighter but you could taste the lemon aftertaste a lot more.

We also ordered and split the Asian salad $7.39 and Korean BBQ Noodles with tofu (after 4pm special) $8.75. The salad was very good. Had nice flavor. Cabbage pieces were a bit large for a salad but didn't make to much of a impact. The Noodles were very light in flavor. Didn't have too much of the bulgogi sauce flavor. My mom found it a bit spicy but I didn't think it tasted spicy at all. I really enjoy spicy Korean food.

I would defiantly go to this tea house again to have a large pot of good quality of tea while reading/working on my computer/relaxing on their couches.
Although I probably wouldn't order the noodles again there was plenty of other food to try on the menu. Their tea quality in my opinion is what really made the difference for me for this tea house.

Pros: High quality tea to choose from, nice vibe - relazing , friendly staff
Cons: Not too flavorful Korean BBQ noodles, Could use more dessert options 4 vegans
  • raw

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2014

I asked the cashier what was vegan she told me all the tofu dishes were vegan I ordered the clay pot and my tofu tasted just like meat. I told the cashier and she said it was vegan, when I was done with my meal there was tiny pieces of meat in the rice! On top on that my tea tasted like warm water Never again

Pros: nice location
Cons: Bland Tea, lying serving meat in the tofu dish, small portions

Dear Owner and Manager of Te House of Tea: