Tchai-Ovna House of Tea

Teahouse with cozy atmosphere serving teas and a small vegetarian food. Has fire place, comfy couches, hookahs, and a large selection of teas from around the world. Also outside patio for seating. Hosts alternative music events and exhibitions. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, International
42 Otago Lane (Glasgow west end)
Glasgow, Scotland G11 9PB
0141-357-4524

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by weyhey

Cosy little gem in Glasgow

5 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2014

I first visited Tchai Ovna 6 years ago when in Glasgow visiting a friend and I'm so glad she took me there. What a great place. Relaxed, unique, cozy, unpretentious atmosphere with a seriously huge selection of tea. I have since been back whenever in Glasgow and always feel right at home being there. I can't vouch for the food, as I've only ever tried the tea, and possibly one of the cakes a few years ago (which was amazing), but the atmosphere and awesome tea alone is worth a visit.

Pros: Great atmosphere, Amazing selection of tea, Veggie food
Cons: A little hard to find - , but not impossible

Best place in the UK!

5 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2014

I found it hard on my travels to find anything vegan friendly in the uk. But then on my trip to Glasgow this wonderful place showed up. You order yourself at the kitchen, the menu is vegan and nut allergy sensitive. They have an outdoor patio, but the place was so packed we got the last table inside. Highly recommend it! Amazing teas from all over the world properly prepared and delicious menu :)

Pros: worldly teas prepared right, vegan friendly, nut allergy sensitive

WORTH LOCATING

4 Posted on 09 / 05 / 2013

Funky little tea house that does some cracking food too. Platter of Meze for £11.50 fed 3 of us tho we opted to get an extra portion of pita bread.

Please do a vegan option of dessert apart from the uber bar.

Can also have coffee and a shisha pipe.

Inspired idea and very relaxing.

Updated from previous review on Thursday September 05, 2013

Pros: Relaxed, Cheap Food
Cons: Parking

Amazing selection of tea

3 Posted on 10 / 15 / 2012

I couldn't believe the number of different teas available on the menu! An absolute must for tea lovers. Unfortunately, even for a light lunch this place was definitely on the pricey side for me, especially considering the menu was quite limited for food. Really liked the relaxed and unusual decor though.

Pros: Nice atmosphere/decor, Clearly marked vegan options, Lots of tea!
Cons: Overpriced

Tea Lovers Paradise

3 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2009

Very bohemian place specialising in a massive array of teas from the world. They also serve rustic food such as mezze platters and breads and dips. Great place to chill out and enjoy a bite to eat in a very cool part of Glasgow

Pros: tea, cosy
Cons: limited range of food, pricey

All the tea in China is at

5 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2008

Tchai Ovna! lol Couldn't resist that line! I usually hate going to places with my boyfriend who only discovers these places thanks to his ex girlfriend whom I am not fond of. However, I found it hard not to love Tchai Ovna! If you love somewhere small, cosy and amazing art on the walls that capture inspiration. Once a month they do readings from talented writers and hold amazing small music gigs every week. So Tchai Ovna isn't just a small tea house but a secret den of uniqueness. As they say great things come in little packets.

Pros: Good Value, Friendly Atmosphere, Smoking :D
Cons: Small can get crowded, Waiting, Smoking D:

Gorgeous Cheesecake

4 Posted on 06 / 01 / 2007

Visited May '07 while in the Glasgow West End. Would have never found this place if we didn't have an address and a map. Nice little tea shop with loads of teas on the menu and a nice veggie range of meals. Brilliant second hand book shop a few doors down. Tea was lovely and the cheesecake was one of the nicest I have ever tasted. The venue was a bit dirty/untidy in a hippy way (faded cushions, mismatched furniture etc ) but by no means unhygienic. We weren't offered a free refill like the menu says but it does also say that if forgotten you should ask for one.

Pros: yummy cheesecake, lots of teas on offer
Cons: hard to find, a bit dark and untidy

Dear Owner and Manager of Tchai-Ovna House of Tea: