Small factory store with factory tours available. Taza is one of the few bean to bar chocolates made in the U.S. Shade-grown, stone-ground, certified direct trade, sustainably produced, light roast, organic, vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, kosher chocolate. Delivered locally by bicycle and elsewhere by carbon neutral shipping. Products also available in stores in 48 states and various countries and online. more-less

First Review by sglcklch
futurefossils
futurefossils

Nothing better than Taza Chocolate

5 Posted on 05 / 01 / 2014

The chocolate is a little it on the pricer side, but it's something that I don't mind splurging on once in a while because it's worth it. My favorite is the coconut chocolate. All of my friends have also enjoyed the tour of the factory.

slithers
slithers

Texture & Tour

5 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2013

I went on the tour last year with my mom and it was a fun activity. Their chocolate is made in Mexican style and has a more "grainy" flavor/texture to it, which some people love and others dislike (I like it). All of their chocolates are "dark" chocolate and are vegan. Also, their chocolate is "slave-free" -- they work closely with their cacao farmers in Latin America to ensure they are farming sustainably and treating workers well (unlike most of the big chocolate manufacturers who often buy cacao from the Ivory Coast where child labor and slave labor are problems).

If you like chocolate, you should definitely try it. They also have interesting flavors like ginger. Veggie Galaxy uses Taza chocolate in some (maybe all?) of their chocolate-type desserts.

Note: I understand Taza makes only vegan chocolate, but they may sell to other companies that make non-vegan candies (which they may sell in their store), so be sure to read ingredients before you buy.

Pros: worker-friendly production, sweet chocolate!, sustainable production
Cons: a little expensive (because they care), some people don't like grainy texture
jimbojonesbos
jimbojonesbos

you have never had chocolate until you have Taza

5 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2013

Simply an astounding experience for those who love chocolate. The most intense chocolate eating experience you can have! Truly once you eat this chocolate all others start to taste like sugar and nothing more.

Pros: astounding chocolate
Cons: pricey

sglcklch
sglcklch

One of my favorite brands

5 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2012

I absolutely LOVE their chocolates. Have yet to try one that I didn't like. They offer a wide variety of flavors, all vegan & soy-free as far as I know, and made with simple, pure ingredients, which is exactly what I prefer. I also like their focus on fair trade and sustainability. Definitely come here and join the factory tour. You'll get to learn about their chocolate making process from start to finish, walk through the facilities, and - the best part - get to sample all kinds of chocolates! In the factory store there are a lot more products/flavors than you could ever find in other retail outlets. This is a must-see for chocolate lovers!

Pros: excellent chocolates, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Taza Chocolate: