Serves meat, veg options available. Separate vegetarian/vegan menu can be found on their facebook photo section. Adding new vegetarian/vegan menu items. Welcoming and diverse atmosphere. Wednesday's daily special is $3 vegan burgers. Free Wi-fi. Kitchen is open 12pm-1:30am Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Non-veg

Alyannkar
Alyannkar

Mixed opinions...

Posted on 01 / 04 / 2016

I have to say that this is a bar with bar food and the fact that they include vegan bar food is amazing. My opinions are only partially valid because 1, the place was CRAZY busy when I was there and 2, I am not a greasy food fan. I tried the vegan cheese steak and was happy to be able to actually have a typical Philly food since I grew up there. It was definitely overpriced, especially considering the fact that it did not come with the cheese, you had to add that for an extra charge. It also did not come with fries or anything, so that was yet another charge. I would have rather things be priced higher and include those things rather than me seeing that I have to add to my already expensive sandwich. Needless to say, the food was really good. I also had the salsa and guac, which was awesome. I am glad to have visited and I know I can bring people here if I am with non vegan friends and in search of a bar. I would say this place is a good hangover place.

Kingrichardiii
Kingrichardiii

go to spot

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2015

Great food, drinks & staff. Plenty of vegan specials. One of my favorite veggie burgers in the city and only $3.50 on Wednesdays. Meatless Monday specials too. & vegan taco option for taco tuesday.

Pros: vegan specials , friendly staff, great vibe
Cons: can get loud
Byron
Byron

Vegan Burger and Tots Tots Tots Tots Tots

Posted on 10 / 10 / 2015

Would give 5 stars if happy cow allowed it for non-vegan restaurants! First off, the tots, they're amazing, secondly, the tots. Overall has a bunch of Vegan and Vegetarian options, good beers and great cocktails. Does half off the whole vegetarian menu for meatless Mondays and has a Vegetarian option that can be made Vegan for their $1 taco Tuesday and my favorite is Wednesday they do a $3.50 veggie burger that I get Vegan and they have a whole bunch of toppings to add on. Don't forget though, Tots, Tots and more Tots! Never had a problem with them smell other then when in the bathroom but that's a given and first off, it's a dive bar, fun place with a good jukebox and excellent food, if you don't feel comfortable at a dive bar then you're gonna miss out on a lot of good food and drinks, as simple as that.

Pros: Plenty of Vegan options, Dive Bar, Tots

vgnhrt
vgnhrt

Great vegan cheese steak

Posted on 02 / 03 / 2013

Unfortunately I have to agree with the other reviewer - the downstairs smelled a little like vomit, obviously one of the last things you want to smell while sitting down to dinner (or anywhere for that matter.)

The vegan cheese steak, although over priced in my opinion (about $10 for a small hoagie roll with beef flavored seitan and daiya cheese) was very good, and I'll probably get one to go next time I'm in Philly.

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Tattooed Mom

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2012

Two magic words...tater tots. I love 'em. So naturally I was drawn to Tattooed Mom. I fully intended to order a large meal, but when we walked in the restaurant smelled unappealing. The restaurant itself was pretty green (walls) and the decor was of the vintage hipster persuasion. Given the smell of the restaurant I was immediately turned off, so I decided that tater tots were all I needed. They were pretty good. Perhaps I'll give them another shot when I return to Philly.

Dear Owner and Manager of Tattooed Mom: