Tattoo shop with a few locations. At this location only: they use vegan friendly materials. more-less
7904 Preston Hwy
Louisville, Kentucky KY 40219

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by BuddyWheeler
  • non-vegetarian

the best place ever

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2015

Love Charlie's. It feels like home every time I walk in.

Pros: nice staff, talented, clean
Cons: difficult for wheelchairs

Owner review

Posted on 11 / 30 / 2013

Thanks for looking. Here at the Preston Hwy studio we offer a full vegan tattoo service. We use Eternal brand pigments and Victory black inks. Completely vegan and vegetarian friendly. Most black ink contains bone char, Victory black does not.

We also substitute Vaseline instead of A&D ointment as a skin prep. Most A&D ointments contain cod liver oil, and that's just gross :)

For vegan tattoos we give out PunkMedics Tat2But'r aftercare. Our standard aftercare has beeswax as the only animal ingredient.

We've been consistently voted best studio in Louisville for decades by readers choice polls and would love to work with you.

As a vegetarian since June 2001 and a vegan since October 2011 having animal friendly options is very important to me. Stop in soon and check us out!

^Buddy Wheeler - Owner

Pros: High quality, Vegan & vegetarian friendly, Friendly service
  • sarahburnsy sarahburnsy

Thank you so much for your work. I'm so glad you posted this on Happy Cow! I just may get my next tattoo there!

• BuddyWheeler BuddyWheeler

Would love to see you Sarah, stop in here at Preston Hwy any time :)

Dear Owner and Manager of Tattoo Charlies: