Restaurant opened 2013 serving Levantine food including mana'eesh bread topped with vegetables, za'atar or cheese, makdos (aubergines stuffed with walnut and chili) and fool (Palestinian hummus) served with bread straight from the stone oven. Most of the food is vegan, and dairy products are clearly labelled. Atmospheric and spacious, with live music nights and exhibitions celebrating Palestinian culture. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Palestinian, Levantine
188 Stoke Newington High St
North London, England N16 7JD
020-8616-5434

Open Mon-Thur, Sun 11am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-11pm.

• Wheelchair accessible
  • Cash only

First Review by bencamps
Chris W
Chris W

Great place - Lots of vegan options

4 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2014

Really great Palestinian vegetarian place with loads of vegan options clearly marked on the menu.

Loads of delicious breads - could do with a few more dips and salads on the menu, but everything we tried was great.

Pros: Great food, Good atmosphere, Friendly staff
Cons: Menu a bit limited
khalidasweila
khalidasweila

lovely little place, great Palestinian food!

4 Posted on 04 / 23 / 2014

Went in there for a late lunch, food was super fresh made on the spot. Maybe a little too much olive oil serves with the dishes but raw oil not cooked. Simple menu. Go for it!

bencamps
bencamps

Great, Fresh Food

5 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2014

My girlfriend and I went to Tatreez for lunch last Sunday. We had the Fool, which came with (very) fresh bread, the Makdos and a Mana’eesh bread topped with Zaator spice mix (a kind of middle eastern pizza made in a stone baked oven). To drink my girlfriend had a Jalab, a date-syrup and rosewater drink with pine nuts and I had a Lebanese beer. The food was very fresh and tasted delicious. I think this is the first time I've tried Palestinian cuisine and I was extremely impressed. Everything on the menu is vegetarian and most is vegan, the lady who served us was able to point out and recommend the vegan options. On the menu small Palestinian flags indicate which dishes and products come fair trade from within the occupied territories. The décor is rustic and simple. They seem to have a lot of music events on, I can imagine the place making a fun night out. As the food is all made fresh don't expect to be in and out in five minutes, it takes a little while but is well worth the wait! I'll definitely be returning!

Dear Owner and Manager of Tatreez: