Health food store stocks a variety of products including fresh fruits and vegetables, bulk staples, spices, teas, frozen foods, breads, pet food, cleaning supplies, cereal, pasta, snacks, cosmetics, supplements, books. Also a juice bar, plus hot and cold food bar where you pay for the food by weight. Limited seating provided. more-less
1807 Hylan Blvd
Staten Island, New York 10305
718-351-8693

First Review by organicbliss
veggiemonster62
veggiemonster62

A True Gem in Staten Island

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2014

Tastebuds is a really special place. My husband and I stop in there quite often to grab a snack, [incredible variety of vegan, gluten-free, organic treats] pick up something for dinner or simply to browse around.

Some of my favorite parts of this store:

-The staff have always been very helpful and courteous to me. There is one employee in particular who is just plain AWESOME. Anytime I have a question about a product, I seek him out. He gave me some great advice about herbs that ease inflammation, and which supplements to take while nursing. Plus, he's always quick to crack a joke, and seems to know every customer by name.

-The selection of beauty products/hygiene products is great!! This is the only place that I go to buy toothpaste, deodorant, soap etc. There are a lot of better-known brands (Tom's of Maine, Jason, The Natural Dentist) and some more obscure ones. What I love is that Tastebuds has a flyer packed with sales, and I have gotten many of the special items from this aisle marked down at some point or another.

-As a mother of two, I really appreciate being able to grab a healthy snack for my kids here. Also, I have brought my toddler in many times and the staff are so sweet towards him :)

-Great selection of supplements, vitamins, vegan protein powders.

-I follow a grain-free vegan diet, which can be challenging at times. There are very few places I can go when I want to grab a quick lunch. Thank God for Tastebuds hot food and salad bar! The salad is vibrant and full of veggies [not just the usual lettuce and tomato] plus they have sprouts, tempeh and raw zucchini pasta...yum!

Overall, this place is one of my favorites. Sure, its not perfect [some items can be a little expensive, and the seating is limited] but for a healthy spot in Staten Island, it is wonderful. We are actually living in Brooklyn now, but I definitely plan on remaining a loyal customer :)

Pros: Wide variety of unique items, Frequent sales, DELICIOUS hot food/salad bar
Cons: Can be a bit pricey
LyndaLynda
LyndaLynda

Delicious Buffet!

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2014

They have a wonderful lunch buffet,,,yummy!..Many foods to choose from, all charged by weight,reasonable. Take out as well... very good juice bar,so many choices. Limited seating but i have never had to wait. Juice bar is fantastic, they'll combine what you desire to make a delicious juice, can be a bit pricey, but most juice bars are... still worth it... the market does have an unclean appearance, their fresh organic produce doesn't look desirable..however..aside from that, they have a wide assortment of self serve nuts,grains,dark chocolates, beans etc..by weight...like this place very much...

Pros: juice bar, delicious buffet, location
Cons: cleanliness
Resist1
Resist1

Very dirty

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2012

Visited the store a few times, very dirty staff as well, asked for a juice the guy that made came from the isle while unpacking with out washing hands made a juice and then wiped his hands in his pants omg dirty. Also some guy was sitting at the bar with his parat and eating, the parrot jumped a few times this right where the food bar was, come on now can it get anymore dirty. I discovered another health store in great kills called family orgnics 4072 hylan, they have a clean juice bar and the store is very clean, owner very informative and helpful.. The store is not very big but have very good products and grocery. Love them and would recommend to others.

Cons: Dirty, Parrots , Unfriendly staff

mmm1220
mmm1220

Horrible, Horrible Experience!

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2010

The owner threw my credit card back at me AFTER I paid. She was very rude and I would never go back to her store EVER!!!

Drago
Drago

I'll come in from Brooklyn to go there

Posted on 03 / 05 / 2008

I get really exciting about Tastebuds and like to take my time because it's much bigger than most health food stores and I'm always discovering something new there- ex. just found Happy Herberts popcorn, totally tastes like butter but is vegan! They have such an awesome selection. Plus they have the cooked food bar there if you want to eat now which is a treat for Staten Island. I hope to see more of this in Staten Island.

Pros: great selection, easy to locate in S.I., cooked food
Cons: expensive- but what health store isn't
organicbliss
organicbliss
  • raw

Best Natural & Organic Food Store in Staten Island

Posted on 11 / 22 / 2007

The owner is as friendly and accommodating as they come. You can pretty much find him there everyday. Unlike other local health food stores (not too many) you don't find teenagers taking a cigarette brake out in the back or with a Wendy's bag for lunch.

In addition to having raw food products, I love that they have a pretty decent raw food selection in their menu, including smoothies! That's a BIG plus! Tastebuds is the "go to" place for all your Staten Island healthy shopping needs. I have been shopping there for 2 years plus...5 stars is in order.

Pros: Vegetarian, Friendly, Raw Food Selection

Dear Owner and Manager of Tastebuds Natural Foods: