Serves meat, veg options available. Vegan options are baigan bharta, gobi aloo, channa masala, dal tadka, aloo methi, rajmah, bhindi masala and gucchi aloo. Wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg

cookiemonster_ontour
cookiemonster_ontour

Dissapointing, bland and oily

1 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2013

My husband and I are vegans from Texas and spend one night on a road trip in Pensacola. I found this place via happy cow and we had dinner with two carnivore friends. We are all big fans of Indian cuisine, if it is the true Indian or an Americanized version. All of our dishes at this place were somewhat disappointing. All foods were extremely oily and bland. The 'Baigan Bhartha' (eggplant dish) was the only dish with flavor, but far too oily for us to eat. My 'Bhindi Masala'(Okras) was hot, but had no flavors. My friend said her 'Mattar Paneer' was the worse she ever ate. The cheese was bland and the rest was a cream without flavors as well.

I do not really understand why this restaurant is listed here. It does not really meet the requirements for running a cruelty free business as they have lamb on the menu, e.g. A lot of times that might be the only choice to go. I had plenty of good experiences with restaurants that will prepare me something from their kitchen as a vegan version. Next time I stop by in Pensacola I would not go to this place again and rather try my luck in another random place.

Pros: vegan options available
Cons: bland and oily dishes, serves lamb
heidishark
heidishark

Great Food and Service

4 Posted on 12 / 08 / 2012

We ate there with our three little kids for dinner. The food was so yummy. They even made us Naan without butter. The owner was very nice and talked to us several times. He said that the lunch buffet has several vegan options everyday. We will definitely go back!

Pros: Good Vegan Options, Authentic , friendly staff
Cons: small , closed from 3-5

Dear Owner and Manager of Taste Of India: