Serves meat, veg options available. Traditional Indian food, approximately 3/4 of lunch buffet is vegetarian. Ghee and paneer cheese is used in some dishes. Open for lunch (buffet Sun-Fri) and dinner. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Jaya Krishna
CharTalk
CharTalk

Good lunch buffet

4 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2013

Went to this restaurant while in Melbourne because of Happy Cow reviews. I love Indian food, have Indian friends who cook for me and take me to restaurants they think are good. Taste of India compares favorably. They have a large buffet for lunch for about $13. Not a lot of attention from wait staff - they don't seem to have assigned tables. We just helped ourselves and flagged someone down to get our drinks. Still it was a good lunch
Updated from previous review on Saturday November 09, 2013

Pros: large selection, well prepared food, clean
Cons: inattentive wait staff
vegandeb
vegandeb

Bad food

1 Posted on 11 / 27 / 2012

Food was very bland and not authentic. Twenty minutes after I requested fresh chilies for some spice, they brought me 4 half rotten chilies. I am used to Indian staff sometimes not always being friendly, but these people were purposely mean. The staff was a foreign mix rather than all Indians, so I think that is why it didn't taste like Indian food.

Cons: bland, not fresh
Healthy Mama
Healthy Mama

Out of This World Scrumptious!

4 Posted on 01 / 08 / 2012

We have been going to Taste of India since they first opened in Melbourne and have never found another Indian restaurant that can even come close in taste and quality. I even overheard an Indian customer comment to his server that he couldn't find food this good on his latest trip to India! Even though I haven't visited India, I can believe his statement. It's just that good!

If you go for their lunch buffet, you can enjoy about 3/4 of the food as a vegetarian. However, if you are vegan, it's probably best to order off the menu, since they use butter and cheese in most of their dishes. On their menu, they have an entire huge vegetarian section, for each appetizers and entrees. And, they will take special requests for vegan and allergies.

The servers are all wonderful and super professional. Some are a bit shy b/c of the language, but most are very friendly. The manager is fabulous and can answer any question you may have. Super professional and super nice.

They are so good that they now have four locations throughout Florida (Tampa, Brandon, and W. Palm Beach, as well as the original in Melbourne).

Pros: Taste, taste and taste!!, Yummy!!, Did I mention the taste?

Jaya Krishna
Jaya Krishna

Sublime

4 Posted on 09 / 08 / 2011

All the vegetarian food is off the charts! Masala Dosa with Coconut Chutney and Lentil Sambar is like crack!. Curry Veg with Tofu and Lemon Rice...more crack!

Pros: Wonderful staff, clean, good potions

Dear Owner and Manager of Taste of India: