CLOSED: Taste of India

Serves meat, veg options available. Offers plenty of vegan menu options. Other locations are Staunton and Harrisonburg, Virginia. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Non-veg
3144 Robert C Byrd Dr (I-77)
Beckley, West Virginia 25801
304-252-8411

Open Tue-Sun 11am-2:30pm, 5-9:30pm, closed Mon.

First Review by I Love London
michaelsalamey
michaelsalamey

Great Menu for Vegans

Posted on 05 / 16 / 2013

Good food. The menu clearly states which items are vegan and there are quite a few. Beware the Chai tea is actually a latte but does not state that it is made with milk. Also, be sure to ask for the naan to be made vegan or it will have ghee (butter) on it by default. Great unique mixed vegetable dish available. I highly recommend it! This is pretty much the only intentionally vegan friendly restaurant in the area, so it is also the best. Luckily, it is still a good one!

Pros: Menu is clearly labeled, Prices are good, Clean!
Cons: Have To Ask On Non-labeled items, Chai Tea Has Milk By Default
brentcbishop
brentcbishop
  • herbivore

Local Indian Restaurant

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2013

We enjoyed Taste of India but were at the time just beginning our vegan journey. So, we weren't confident about what we could eat. The food was very tasty and the atmosphere was very nice and quiet. Maybe not a great place for an almost three year old. She didn't find much she could enjoy. Thankfully, they didn't charge us for what food we shared with her.

Pros: Variety of Food, Quiet Atmosphere
Cons: pricey
I Love London
I Love London

Vegan is on the Menu in the Mountains!

Posted on 08 / 31 / 2012

After 10 hours on the road, I was really hungry for some good, healthy vegan food. Stumbling on this Indian restaurant, we were so delighted to open the menu and find the word "VEGAN" nine times! I had the aloo mutter and it was spectacular. I will say that their "mild" seasoning is rather hot, in my opinion, so take it easy on the heat. I'm looking forward to my next road trip through southern West Virginia and will most definitely enjoy more Indian food here. It's just three minutes off of I-77. Easy off and on.

Pros: Great Vegan Food, Polite Waiters, Cloth Napkins and Tablecloth

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Taste of India: