Serves meat, veg options available. Has some vegetarian dishes. Restaurant tends to use soybean oil instead of the traditional ghee. Many items can be modified to omit cream, upon request. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Non-veg
68 Main St
Bangor, Maine 04401
207-945-6865

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by smilinghippie
Dilska
Dilska

Used to love....:-(

Posted on 01 / 15 / 2015

We used to love this place for vegan/vegetarian options.
Last two times (in late 2014) that we visited we were a)ignored by wait staff from the moment we arrived until we left & b)the place was filthy (table, chairs, plates, cups, etc.) not just one thing, virtually everything.
I don't know what's going on here, but it is not good.
So, once, we could excuse, but twice it means this is their modus operandi (plus the dirtiness totally grossed us out and made us wonder about the kitchen...) Too bad because Bangor's veg options are few & far between.

Pros: Veg options
Cons: Dirty, Waitstaff ignores patrons
rachellovesveganfood
rachellovesveganfood

Delicious Vegan Food

Posted on 04 / 20 / 2013

We ordered the channa masala, mutter mushrooms, and samosas. All of these dishes were fantastic. We will be talking about them for a long time.

The menu has a list of ingredients used in each dish, so I felt pretty safe ordering these items. However, I would have liked it if the menu had said something like "contains dairy" next to non-vegan items, just to be 100% sure.

I was extremely pleased and will definitely be ordering from them again.

LeslieLinder
LeslieLinder

clear menu, good food

Posted on 02 / 26 / 2013

their whole menu has all the ingredients listed by each dish, making it easy to pick vegan fare. the cooking is great.

Pros: great food, ingredients listed by every dish, have a buffet
Cons: only a few vegan options (can get boring, limited vegan on buffet, have to watch out for dairy

HalloSpacegirl5
HalloSpacegirl5

Yummy Yummy

Posted on 02 / 23 / 2013

Their food is incredibly delicious. However, I ate there the most when I still ate milk and egg products.

The only downside, I think, is that it is really hard to tell just from looking at the menu if an item is vegan or not. I kind of just hoped the dish I got was.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Lots of Options, Fun Atmosphere
Cons: Not easily recognizable as vegan, pricey, smaller portions
SewallHouseYoga
SewallHouseYoga

This is a find in Bangor Maine

Posted on 02 / 03 / 2013

This is a great Indian restaurant to find in Bangor Maine of all places! The mala kofta is a great vegetarian dish! The tea is sublime! We live in NYC and own Sewall House in Island Falls, north of Bangor, so to find something we like to eat in meat oriented northern Maine ( and as yogis) that is authentic is such a treat!

Pros: comfortable, good service, fair pricing and fresh
tab
tab

Sometimes Okay

Posted on 10 / 30 / 2012

This has always been one of my favorite local places to eat, but in the last several months the quality of service has diminished to quite an extent. The menu remains generally quite decent and has changed little.

smilinghippie
smilinghippie

My Favorite Joint in Bangor,ME

Posted on 12 / 19 / 2010

I have been going to A Taste of India since I was in high school. (17 years now!) They have excellent service and a fine selection on Vegan and Vegetarian dishes. They can accomadate just about any request and seem happy to do so. They have a large selection of beers and wine. Also, they have a lunch buffet that is very affordable and conveniant if you are in a hurry.

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff , Good Value
Cons: Small Dining area

Dear Owner and Manager of Taste of India: