Serves meat, veg options available. Predominately non-veg Indian restaurant, has also many vegetarian and vegan dishes. Price: Moderate more-less
Indian, Buffet, Non-veg

First Review by bengarland
pandapharmd
pandapharmd

OK

3 Posted on 01 / 24 / 2014

I ate here with friends because they really wanted to get Indian food. The environment was nice and the staff was friendly but the food was so so.

Pros: Friendly staff, Nice environment
vegan feral
vegan feral

Lots of Vegan food

4 Posted on 10 / 09 / 2010

The menu offers several vegan selections and has a huge vegetarian menu. The food is amazing. This is truly my favorite restaurant in Athens. Each dish has a lot of flavor.
The staff is friendly and accommodating. If you have a large group of vegans they may add an additional vegan option to the buffet if you call in advance.

The only bummer is that the buffet had few if any vegan options. Call in advance to find out what they are serving. Weekends are your best bet for more buffet options.

Pros: Fantastic food, great service, huge menu
aurafield
aurafield

My favorite place

4 Posted on 12 / 10 / 2009

While I did like Bombay Cafe as the previous reviewer mentioned, I have to admit preference to Taste of India. They have fantastic vegan/vegetarian options, and I can bring meat-eating friends with me. It is honestly some of the best Indian food I have eaten in the Atlanta/Athens area. I highly recommend it!

Pros: diverse dishes, vegetarian-friendly, vegan-friendly
Cons: serves lamb

bengarland
bengarland

They put Bombay Cafe out of business!

1 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2008

This isn't a review, because I haven't been there.

[I realize HappyCow may remove this due to the guidelines, so maybe there should be a "Note" category in addition to reviews -- I think this type of information should be available to potential customers before they decide to support a restaurant.]

Potential customers should know that Taste of India put a long-standing vegetarian Indian restaurant in Athens out of business -- bye bye Bombay Cafe.

See there was only one Indian restaurant in all of Athens. It was downtown, and it was 100% vegetarian. Another Indian family decided to open up a restaurant too. So where did they put it? Another block of downtown? On another street? NOPE -- RIGHT NEXT DOOR, literally.

They then proceeded to undercut Bombay's prices, being that the ingredients at Taste of India were lower quality (according to friends) and they served meat -- and Bombay went out of business a few months later, after being in downtown Athens for at least several years.

So sad. So if you want to support / avoid restaurants for political reasons, keep this in mind.

Cons: serve meat, put veg indian restaurnt out of business

Dear Owner and Manager of Taste of India: