Taste of India American

Serves meat, veg options available. Located right off the I-40, this family-friendly restaurant with Hindi decor, is 90% vegan; offers 15 vegan dishes all served with rice and chapati. Try the yellow lentils curry. Friendly staff. Instant fast service. A nice indoor seating area. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Indian, Non-veg
2405 State Hwy 469 (I-40)
San Jon, New Mexico 88434
575-576-0006
  • Wheelchair accessible

First Review by soyned
abbydoo
abbydoo

Gas Station Buffet

Posted on 08 / 05 / 2012

I was glad to see that there was a vegan-friendly stop on a long road trip. Unfortunately, I was disappointed to find a buffet with only one vegetarian option. They only person watching the restaurant did not speak English at all, so I couldn't ask if the entree was vegan-friendly. There was a menu, but for some reason they weren't taking orders. I don't know if it was just a bad time, but my experience didn't match the other review or the restaurant description. I just ended up leaving.

Cons: no vegan options
soyned
soyned

delicious affordable friendly

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2011

Great place to stop while driving through. Large selection of curries. Wish I had an excuse to go back.

Pros: quick and inexpensive , amazingly delicious, just like India atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Taste of India American: