Taste of Eden Bakery and Cafe

All vegan cafe offering freshly made soups, casseroles, and desserts. Owners take a holistic approach to food and uses only healthy and natural plant food ingredients. closed Fri-Sat. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Catering, Take-out

Kirsh
Kirsh

A delightful surprise

Posted on 09 / 10 / 2012

Unexpectedly driving into the lakes of Maine we had a delightful surprise when we found this restaurant. There was a small but appetising menu, with good and friendly service. Many local people patronised this restaurant in a small out of the way town.

Pros: Good food, Inexpensive, Good service
Cons: Limited menu
tigercat
tigercat

underwhelmed

Posted on 04 / 22 / 2011

While my companions' food was edible (one quesadilla, one lentil wrap), noone wanted to eat there again. Tofu scramble was inoffensive, but the salad and dressing were very bland. whatever was spread on the bread was just nasty. Not spoiled, just weird. I'm a longtime vegan, thought I'd seen it all, but couldn't finish the plate due to the overall off taste of everything. The place is filled with religious tracts,which I could live without, very cultish.

Updated from previous review on Friday April 22, 2011

etka
etka

excellent and friendly restaurant

Posted on 01 / 14 / 2010

We (a family of 5) ate at Eden while on vacation in Maine. It is one of the very few restaurants in the region. The owners are very friendly and helpful- they even made something for one of our children which was not on the menu (creamed baked potato). The soups, bread casserole and salads were very good. The menu changes every day but almost any option will be a success. We considered the prices quite reasonable - all 5 of us had a substantial lunch for $50. The only drawback are the limited hours so you have gear your travel plans to their hours.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff
Cons: limited hours

theveggievoice
theveggievoice

The Best Little Restaurant in Maine

Posted on 12 / 10 / 2009

My boyfriend and I went out of our way to visit this little cafe in Norway, Maine. We weren't really sure what to expect since there were no reviews online, but I had a good feeling about it. My instincts were correct - Taste of Eden is fabulous! Seriously one of the best restaurants I've ever been to. This is accomplished through the following: friendly service from the two owners themselves, healthy food options that taste like the best comfort food, very low prices, and good portions. I wish we had been staying in the area and could have gone back. Next time we're in Maine, we'll definitely return. Don't miss it if you're in the area...they make their own bread and cheez sauce that are divine!

Pros: delicious food, very low prices for what you get, healthy
Cons: a bit out of the way for us, small - not suited for larger groups

Dear Owner and Manager of Taste of Eden Bakery and Cafe: