Taste of Asia Food Court

No garlic or onion used. Note to vegetarian purists: the plates and utensils are shared with the other (non-vegetarian) stalls and all is washed together in one place. Suggestion: take-out foam box or bring your own. Can use card to make payment by buying the card, top-up the value and refund the balance from the counter. Previously listed as 'Berjaya Time Square 10th Avenue Food Mall', Aug 2014. Please confirm if there are vegan options and let HappyCow know! Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Fast food, Buffet
1, Jalan Imbi, Lower Ground Floor West, Berjaya Times Square (Jalan Pudu, Aircondition Food Court)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia 55100
03-79829135

Mon-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm

• Cash only

First Review by stanleysng502
Tertia
Tertia

Lot of options, food court was not so clean

2 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2012

I was here in september 2012 (in the basement). I did not eat here, because I already had eaten and just want to check how the place looked because I might wanted to come back.
I did not go back for 2 reasons:
- the food court itself was not so clean, there was food and napkins everywhere on the floor.
- it looked like the food might have been there the whole day, it was a buffet but it was not covered up, I did not find this really hygienic. And there were a lot of other vegetarian options close by. But I did not taste the food, so it maybe is very good.

I was there at 18.00 and there were still a lot of options, so it is not only a lunch place.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday October 24, 2012

Pros: Lot of options, Central location
Cons: Not so clean
andersondotau
andersondotau

Happy with variety and price

4 Posted on 12 / 29 / 2009

On the 10th floor of the Times Square shopping complex I found a Vegetarian Corner. The food is pre-cooked like most of the cheaper food stalls in KL. My wife and I filled our plates with what ever looked good, with no rice. It cost 17.50 RM. I was very happy with the price and the food. It has the usual mock meat dishes and so has a range of flavours.

Pros: quick, tastes good
Cons: on 10 floor

Alice Looi
Alice Looi

Expensive, but Nice Food

3 Posted on 10 / 29 / 2009

My hubby and I chose 3-4 dishes with white rice & it cost us RM11.55. Consider expensive but the food was really nice. The staff helped to heat up the food for us so it won't taste that cold.

craigmc
craigmc

good for lunch

3 Posted on 12 / 02 / 2008

VERY HANDY FOR A QUICK LUNCH. A BUFFET WHICJ HAS AN OPTION OF TWENTY ITEMS. VARITY OF MOCK DISHES, AND PLANTY OF TOFU AND VEG DISHES. FOOD WAS TASTY ENOUGH, BUT AS WITH A LOT OF BUFFET MEALS, MANY ITEMS WERE COLD(ALTHOUGH I'M NOT SURE IF SOME ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SERVED COLD). PRICES ARE PER ITEM. STARTING AT MYR1, OUR TOTAL MEAL FOR TWO WAS MYR16, ABOUT 3 QUID.

Pros: QUICK, tasty , nice staff
Cons: cold
simdel
simdel

Tasty and cheap

4 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2008

This is a good option for lunch. It is a stall on the 10th floor in the food court and offers good buffet food (economy rice) with plenty of choice when getting there before 1. It's the usual Malaysian veggie buffet fare with yummy sweet and sour tofu a good bet along with lovely fresh mushrooms. It's cheap for a shopping mall food court with a meal of tofu and two veg with a small soup on the side at between 5 and 7 rm, depending on quantity you put on the plate. It's thus great value for Times Square.
The negative is that, with many buffet economy rice stalls, if you get there later on, even mid afternoon, the food has been sitting there for a while and choices are less prevalent although it's still perfectly eatable and tasty. I have been there after work at about 6 before and still they've had a few dishes left. They offer to heat it up for you too.

Pros: Cheap for a shopping mall, excellent at lunch time, tasty
Cons: limited by mid to late afternoon
stanleysng502
stanleysng502

Beware of the prices for your selections

3 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2007

Patronise this stall a few days ago, coming up from Singapore with a group of friends. Indeed there are variety but it is more expensive compare to similiar joint like in Johore Baru.
Every month I cross over from Singapore to the southern state of Johore in Malaysia. At the prestigious City Square Complex there is a similiar Food Court. For 3 dishes plus white rice, normally I am charged between RM$4.50-5.00.
Here in KL's Berjaya Food Court, for 3 dishes plus white rice; I have to pay RM$10.50! Too EXPENSIVE for my experience since I am very familiar with Malaysian vege scene.

Pros: Air-con; clean & bright
Cons: Too Expensive
Guest
Guest

Varieties of Dishes but price is expensive

3 Posted on 06 / 19 / 2007

We drive to Kuala Lumpur (KL) from Singapore between 31-May-07 to 4-Jun-07. We are vegetarian, therefore, we always look out for places with convenient access to vegetarian food. This vegetarian stall is located at the Aircondition Food Court on Level 10 of Bejaya Times Square (BTS). When we were shopping at BTS, due to convenience, we patronised this stall at noon for lunch. The cook is a chinese female and the stall only sell vegetarian rice in buffet style with about 20 to 30 varieties of dishes. Great varieties! The reason why we call it in buffet style, when requested, the stall operator will provide you with a plate of plain rice, but you can choose totally by yourself the number of dishes you want and the quantity. The price you have to pay will depend on how many dishes you have chosen and the quantity you have taken. This is a norm in Malaysia. For 3 dishes plus the plain rice, we paid about Malaysian Ringgit (MYR) $5.80 with a bowl of soup, complimentary. It is consider expensive comparing when we eat at other non-aircondition food centre or shop, this will cost us only about MYR3.50 to MYR4.50. If not for convneient, as we were shopping under the same roof, I may not patronised. However, considering its great variety of dishes, such Curry Mutton, Curry Vegetables, Curry Fish, sweet and sour pork, (of course all vegetarian)and many tyoes of vegetables being cooked creatively. If you do not mind the price, you can still have a trial.

Dear Owner and Manager of Taste of Asia Food Court: