Tassili's Raw Reality

Raw and vegan cuisine restaurant, operating since early 2011. Menu is mostly raw food with sample items such as raw pizza, noodles, sweet corn, seaweed, couscous and hummus, kale salad, and raw desserts. Free wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Raw, American, Take-out
1059 Ralph D Abernathy Blvd
Atlanta, Georgia 30310
404-343-6126

Open Mon-Thur 12-8pm, Fri 12-9pm, Sat 12pm-12am, Sun 12-7pm.

First Review by BrandyTaylor
calamaestra
calamaestra

Spicy Kale!

5 Posted on 12 / 30 / 2013

At first I was unsure about this place. It is on the other side of town from me and just far out of the way. I was unsure about the street parking too. It's a yellow house across the street from Wren's Nest - enter the middle door on the first floor. When I walked in, no one was available to help me. I almost left but a nice gentleman came out at the last second to explain how things work there. I got a sample of everything that was available. It was all delicious but I'll return for more spicy kale. I don't even like kale but whatever they do to it works!

jeramos76
jeramos76

JUST GO!!!

5 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2013

Everything about this place is perfect to me! I'm here on business and was double intrigued by the reviews on happycow.com
This place is no joke!! Get yourself a punany wrawp and wonder what you've been eating your whole life cause this food is the truth ♥. The wrawp is also huge...just finished the other half for lunch a day later. Definitely going back before I leave Atlanta later this week.

Pros: AMAZING RAW VEGAN CUISINE, CHILL ATMOSPHERE
Miker
Miker

Glorious Raw Vegan Food, Lovely People

5 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2013

On our way through Atlanta today, we stopped here based on the HappyCow listing and their web site. We were not familiar with Atlanta, and while I've read that the West End neighborhood is being renewed, it looked like a work in progress. Frankly, we were uncertain about eating there, but we finally went in. Our enthusiastic conclusion is, DO NOT HESITATE! The personable gentleman behind the counter was very helpful in trying to figure out which dishes to try, and we met the lovely Tassili when she came out of the kitchen to greet some friends. Everyone had a smile - the wonderful food may have had something to do with that!

The food is raw, vegan, and organic. And most of all, DELICIOUS! To sample a number of items, we got a box with servings of 6 items for $21 (though we got a double portion of the Spicy Kale) and had enough to share for lunch and dinner. (Your mileage may vary, but it will be a happy trip.) The Spicy Kale Salad is quite spicy, as advertised, but so tasty we ate through any discomfort. The Karamu Couscous was a good, slightly-sweet counterpoint to the kale's heat, as was the sweeter, and excellent, Sweet Coconut Corn. And the other genius dish was the Curried Plantains, not spicy like the kale, but a wondrous combination of flavors nevertheless. Rounding out our selection was Curried Tofu (I think that's what it was called - it's not listed on their web site). It can be hard to prepare tofu so it's not bland, but this was flavorful.

Our only disappointment (aside from the sauce stain on my shirt!) was that when my wife went to buy a copy of Tassili's book, they were all out. We'll have to get it online!

Pros: Excellent food - great flavors!, Wonderful people, Great price for terrific raw vegan
Cons: None - once we went in
Guest
Guest

Pooh Nanny Wraps are delicious!

5 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2013

Needless to say, upon hearing the name before you taste it can be a bit intriguing, but trust me, no one can find a better name for this delectable wrap of which I have had twice. Each time I have it, it is simply mouth watering, fulfilling and extremely satisfying. You don't have to be a vegan to love this because you will either way from just ONE bite.

Pros: great service, great food, worth the price
TommieRaeLovett
TommieRaeLovett

Spicy, but fantastic!

5 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2012

I found Tassili's Raw Reality using Happy Cow when I planned my trip to Atlanta. I had to make a few u-turns to find it, because the restaurant is located inside what looks like a residential house. Upon entering the building, I soon realized it was indeed a house that had been converted.
The woman who was working the counter was extremely friendly, and offered to let us try a sample of any dish before we ordered it. A few dishes are displayed in a display cabinet and there is a drink refrigerator with different bottled options; a few homemade and other things like Tazo Tea and Naked Juice. You can order a medley of sides of go for an entire entree. My date and I split five different sides. We ordered the Spicy Kale Salad, Karamu Couscous, Sweet Coconut Corn, Edamame Medley, and the Angelic Tomatoes. Everything tasted amazing! Just a warning the Spicy Kale salad is really spicy! I liked it, but my date who has a weak stomach had some issues. They have a mild version as well. The portions were huge, and everything was only $15.
If you've never had raw food before, this is a great place to go for your first experience!

Pros: Giant Portions, Great Pricecs, Friendly Staff
Cons: Plastic plates and flatware, Really Hard to Find
cari
cari

Spicy Kale Wraps Awesome Service...not so much

2 Posted on 06 / 19 / 2012

I came in two days ago and got a ton of different stuff. We wanted to eat there but everything was given to us in plastic boxes. I told them we were eating there and they handed us a couple plates. The Kale Wrap was amazing so today I called 50 min ago to place a to go order and gave my friends name as he was picking them up. Sense it's been almost an hour, I got worried (he forgot his cell) so I called to see if he picked them up yet. After several min on the phone and the girl going back and forth with people she said she doesn't know bc she doesn't keeep track of orders. He happened to be in line and over heard her so then she said, "oh he is here now, we're making them." I told her I called almost an hour ago to place the order and her answer was, "I didn't take the order!" It was so rude. And my friend has had to wait forever. He had gotten lost and called them and they couldn't help him. Just horrible cust. service. I would happily have keept driving 30 min one way to buy these wraps but now, I don't think I'll be back. Too bad bc I also am in a local vegan group and could have brought them a lot of buisness. Seems like they don't care to have it.

Pros: Spicy Kale Wrap, Prices
Cons: Horrible Cus service, Served our meal in plastic containers
  • shellzz shellzz

The food is awesome & customer service is much better,,give Tassili's another chance! It's the only place I can get late night vegan noms in Atlanta..they are RaWk stars!!!! & Don't get me started on the raw desserts,,can you say 'Afrikan Carob Cake???????

anitra
anitra

Good raw food

5 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2012

This place is a bit difficult to find, its located next to Wendy's and across the street from Wrens nest, in a yellow house. The food was delicious, having never had raw vegan before I was reluctant but pleasantly surprised, the prices are quite reasonable, and the people were very friendly and offered samples to help us make a decisions

Pros: Healthy, Good prices, Friendly
Cons: Hard to find
BrandyTaylor
BrandyTaylor

Delicious

5 Posted on 05 / 04 / 2012

I am eating the food as I am typing lol! Had to rate it...good price point and amazing vegan raw dishes. Everything is good on this plate

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Value, Super Healthy

Dear Owner and Manager of Tassili's Raw Reality: