Serves meat, veg options available. Offers a separate vegetarian food menu. Highlights include curry in a pineapple bowl. Family atmosphere. Previously operated under the name Saigon Noodle. Price: Moderate more-less
Thai, Asian, Vietnamese, Non-veg
165 Union Street
Saint John, New Brunswick E2L 1A9

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by RichBeBe

A Vegan Mail on Saint Johns

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2013

Traveling via motorcycle and stopped in. Nice space, and empty only one other table. Spoke to the waitress, looked at he menu and tried it. First off it was stiffing hot on the day I was there and they had no AC, which kind of sucked.
The waitress was very clear about the food choices, mentioned what was and what could be veganized and I felt confident ordering. I ordered a basil/tofu dish form therr Thai menu and and it was just blah. Not a lot fo flavor other than soy sauce, the broccoli was under-cooked, and the eggplant was greasy. A few pieces of the tofu tasted "off" but no ill effects from it.
I did eat it all because I was hungry and really wanted some veggies. If I was in Saint Johns again I would try another place.
I did overhear the other table mentioning how good their noodle dish was, and some vermicelli dish, but one was gross. I am not sure what exactly they had.
It was was also pricey, I live in NYC and I know food seems ot cost more in Canada but it was a good 40% more than I would pay in NYC for food.

Pros: Knowledgable staff, Lot of vegan options
Cons: Pricey, Food was not great.

Dear Owner and Manager of Taro: