Tarifa EcoCenter

Organic restaurant, bakery, eco shop, massage, and yoga. All products are organic and mostly local and seasonal. Serves pizzas, soups, desserts, and beverages. Lunch menu for around 10 euros. Live music Fri-Sat nights, big screen social conscious movies. May also use the name Vegetalycual. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Beer/Wine, Western
San Sebastian 6, Cadiz (Av Andalucia)
Tarifa, Spain 11380
+34-956627220

Open Mon-Thu 09.00-02.00, Fri-Sat 09.00-03.00, Sun 09.00-02.00.

First Review by oompaprincess
Maddita
Maddita

Just perfect!

5 Posted on 02 / 08 / 2014

A lovely place, with really good service. The food is amazing and for a really good price. Located at a nice spot, not difficult to find at all. My BF and I fell in love with the place!

Pros: Service, Good prices, Cozy atmosphere
AnAnaN
AnAnaN

Great place with neat atmosphere

4 Posted on 09 / 16 / 2013

This place is one of my favourites. The inside decor is beautiful and has a very relaxed setting - there are lovely tables with coloured wooden slats covered by a glassplate which looks very sophisticated, candles and large wineglasses on top - a really big chalkboard with specials on them and the wines they have. It has a modern but romantic feeling to it.
The menu is in English and it has a decent amount of vegan options: the waitress explained the whole menu in English as well and was very friendly and patiently willing to inform us about what was vegan and what not. We had a lovely pizza baked in the wooden oven. For dessert I had a grape sorbet which was something quite special: among other ingredients it was crushed ice with grapes in a champaign glass with straw.

Furthermore, it IS a vegetarian restaurant, they serve don't serve meat!

Pros: Excellent food, Very nice staff, Beautiful restaurant
Clare
Clare

Yum

3 Posted on 01 / 14 / 2012

I had an amazing tofu and veg teryaki with rice and then chocolate truffly things (both vegan). Tastiest meal I've had in ages.

Pros: Nice food, cool centre
Cons: little bit pricey
Mitch Cohen
Mitch Cohen

Surprisingly Good Meal

4 Posted on 11 / 10 / 2008

Vegetalycual is the name of the restaurant at Tarifa EcoCenter. My wife & I split a nice salad and ordered 2 nice vegan rice & vegetable dishes -- paella & with mushrooms. Great tea & beverage selection. Friendly staff, though limited English. Fortunately, a former server was hanging out & able to help us.
It may be open for dinner only Fri & Sat, plus special occasions. It was showing a movie & open for dinner on the Thursday we were there.

Pros: several good vegan choices, friendly staff, great teas
Cons: may be closed most nights
oompaprincess
oompaprincess

Busy

2 Posted on 03 / 07 / 2008

I went to this restaurant with 11 people, so first let me say we weren't the average table. The menu is NOT terribly varied, so if you're not a fan of pizza, I wouldn't bother. The help wasn't all that nice, and it was very expensive.

Pros: veggie friendly
Cons: staff , pizza only, price
Guest
Guest

Looks small on the outside but big on the inside

5 Posted on 03 / 28 / 2007

I came accross the EcoCenter in Tarifa by pure chance and its a shame that their sign outside does not convey the fantastic food they make. They offer breakfast (Mo-Fr), Lunch (Tue-Sun i think) and Evening meals (thu,Fri Sat). There Pizzas are massive (enough to share) and they also have a lunch menu for around 10 Euros. I had a Creme of Broccoli Soup which was divine, Pizza Campensina and a fabulous chocolate tarte. After that I exploded so I recommend that you share. They have organic alcohol as well as conventional. The Green Juniper Gin with Tonic is recommended after a heavy meal... On Fri and Sat they have life music. The Ecocenter also offers massage, Yoga, German Bakery and lots more connected to Eco. Definitely a thumps up for me.

Pros: excellent food, relaxed atmosphere, a complete eco experience
Cons: hard to find, poorly signposted, hard to resist

Dear Owner and Manager of Tarifa EcoCenter: