Serves meat, veg options available. Deli-style counter service. Falafel pita, veggieburger, hummus, baba ganoush. The tahini contains sour cream but can be replaced with hummus or baba ganoush. Busy at lunchtime. Price: Moderate more-less
Middle Eastern, Take-out, Non-veg

• Cash only

First Review by KelseyApple
TrayLanna
TrayLanna

YUM! Amazing falafels and fresh hummus.

Posted on 03 / 25 / 2013

I always go here for lunch every time I am in Halifax and get the falafel plate. I haven't even been able to venture out and get anything new because I want that falafel every time! My only complaint is that I asked one of the girls if the tahini was vegan and she said yes. I asked her to make sure and she asked the cooks and they said yes. I just seen right now, in the description that it is sour cream so I am pretty upset that I ate it based on their guarantee.

Pros: good price, delicious
Cons: cash only
ChantelleTheEggplant
ChantelleTheEggplant

Eggplant!

Posted on 10 / 20 / 2012

The best eggplant pita I have ever had....I always think about the falafel but this one wins out every time! Tarek is a lovely man and last time we were in we got free tshirts! Did I mention the free bowl of dahl you get while waiting in line????

Pros: Great food, Great prices
Cons: Not enough veggie selctions, Very informal
therawtarian
therawtarian
  • raw

Perfect place for quick lunch or dinner

Posted on 08 / 01 / 2011

This is a great little spot to pick up a quick lunch or dinner. Step up to the counter, order, move down the line and pay (cash only). There is quite a bit of indoor seating and it is cute inside for a lunch establishment. Plenty of salads and interesting Mediterranean choices for vegetarians and vegans. There are also many meat choices, as well. They serve smoothies and juices too! All in all, a perfect spot for a vegetarian lunch in Halifax.

Pros: Fast, Good service, Lots of veg. options
Cons: Cash only

colleen
colleen
  • non-vegetarian

the best!

Posted on 03 / 29 / 2008

I cant say enough about Tarek's! This place has the best food..their salads are to die for and I highly recommend the Falafel pitas sooo good. The staff and friendly and even if there is a line you never have to wait long.

Pros: their food, staff, quick service
Cons: none
monkeypoo
monkeypoo

Best falafel in Halifax!

Posted on 05 / 06 / 2007

It's true, Tarek's really does have the best falafel in Halifax. This is the perfect place to grab something to eat if your friends or partner is a meat eater and you aren't. Veggie burgers, falafel pitas, falafel plates, hummus pita's and more for your veggie taste buds!

Pros: BEST FALAFEL
KelseyApple
KelseyApple

Great food nice people

Posted on 12 / 28 / 2006

The staff at this little shop are well versed in the needs of vegans and vegetarians and can point out options that are suitable. The falafel pita and veggie burger (with hummus or baba ganouch instead of tahini) are the best options. The salads are good too. On cold days you will usually get a small sample of soup (always vegan) while you wait, so long as it hasn't sold out yet. It's very busy at lunchtime on weekdays but it is never a long wait. There is a laundromat attached and if you are doing your laundry, you can enjoy free coffee. It became expensive for me to have such a nice little cafe so close to my house!!

Pros: friendly staff, good food, good value

Dear Owner and Manager of Tarek's Cafe: