Serves meat, veg options available. Offers an extensive menu with some vegan and vegetarian suitable food. Some items are clearly marked on the menu. Coconut milk and soymilk are used. Try their coconut ice creams, Panang and larb gai (ask for vegan). The atmosphere is simple, clean and modern, with eclectic murals and decor. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
2611 De la Vina St (State St)
Santa Barbara, California 93105
805-682-1114
Closed now

Mon-Thu 11:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Fri 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-9:30pm, Sun 5:00pm-9:30pm

First Review by irlandaise
Ryan MTB
Ryan MTB

Extremely Disappointing

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2013

The curry I ordered contained frozen peas & carrots. Seriously? In a restaurant? I can buy frozen vegetables at Wal-Mart, I don't need to eat out for that. I ordered the lunch special, and at $9 it was a complete rip-off. Frozen vegetables, white rice, and a "salad" of mixed greens. The server didn't know what "Vegan" meant either. I had to explain that meant no fish sauce and no oyster sauce in addition to no meat. I'm not sure how this place got the good reviews- don't waste your time or money with this place.

Pros: Nice Decor
Cons: Poor Quality Food, Way too expensive, Difficult parking (busy street only)
isabeldivine
isabeldivine

Fabulous!

Posted on 06 / 24 / 2013

Best Thai in town and the Thai ice tea is even vegan! The owner is there all the time and she really makes sure that you are well taken care of!

irlandaise
irlandaise

DELICIOUS!

Posted on 03 / 20 / 2011

Everything at TAP is so fresh and flavorful, I've never tried anything here that I didn't like! They're always happy to make anything on the menu vegan, you just have to ask. Everything is made with coconut milk and soy, and their coconut ice creams are amazing! My favorite dishes here are the Panang (done vegan with tofu) and the Glass noodle Salad (done vegan.) The Thai iced tea is great too, served over ice with soy cream in a big glass jar. They also have a nice selection of well chosen wines and beers. I can't say enough about this place, just wish they were 100% Veg!

Pros: Fresh yummy food, Lots of Veg options, No Dairy served
Cons: Serves Meat

Dear Owner and Manager of TAP Thai Cuisine: