Serves meat, veg options available. Nightly vegan specials: chili fries, sandwiches, desserts. Plus a large beer selection. Price: Moderate more-less
Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by bcorran
Plant Powered Eater
Plant Powered Eater

Great Vegan Selections at this bar

4 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2014

Don't expect fancy...Tap House is a bar. But it had excellent food that includes a number of tasty vegan selections. We live eating on the patio in nice weather.

shayeberz
shayeberz

"chicken" sandwich

3 Posted on 02 / 09 / 2012

it is literally the best rendition of chicken iv had in my 6 years vegetarian and coming up on 5 vegan, i highly recommend it... the chili fries on the other hand, not so much but i don't usually like chili anyway so maybe it would be delicious to someone else :)

Pros: Food, price, atmosphere
Cons: small menu
jnorris
jnorris

Good Veggie Burger

3 Posted on 02 / 10 / 2010

I ordered the veggie burger and it was very good and not just a cooked boca burger. Although I never tried the veggie chicken there, I have heard it is quite amazing as well.

Pros: Good Food, Good Value, Good Portions
burbank_spiffers
burbank_spiffers

Great Place

4 Posted on 04 / 02 / 2009

As of this post they are reworking the kitchen, so the vegan chili fries are off the menu, but the vegan burger and chicken sandwiches are still on. Ordered both - quite good. The burger seemed a little too good, actually, so I stared at it for a while to make sure I wasn't eating real beef.
The bar-side atmosphere is great, but unfortunately that's the smoking side. Less interesting on the non-smoking side, but still cool. Fantastic beer selection, w/ 32 on tap. For those also trying to save the planet by not getting bottled beer, this is heaven.

I love college towns where you're always likely to find places that are vegan friendly -AND- serve hooch.

Definitely making this a requirement everytime I have a business trip down that way.

Pros: Beer, vegan options w/ fake mayonnaise!
bcorran
bcorran

Try the Chickette sandwich!

3 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2008

The fried chickette sandwich is wonderfully fattening and good (they have vegan mayo, too)! It is great to sit on the patio and sip some great beer and enjoy that sandwich (they also have a tempeh BLT, but it isn't as good...)

However, the inside atmosphere sucks: sparse furnishings, shaky tables, a fair amount of smoke and 9 times out of 10 if they have a band they are terrible and the sound inescapable (thereby negating the greatness of the sandwich.)

Pros: great beer, great fried food, jumpin patio
Cons: dreadful music, junky indoor atmosphere, people busting in on you in the bathroom

Guest
Guest

awesome!

4 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2007

I've been a vegan for 3 1/2 years and the Tap House was one of the first veggie friendly places I visited. Today, I still go regularly and enjoy everything I eat!

Dear Owner and Manager of Tap House Grill: