Tão Restaurante Natura is a large restaurant with plenty of seating. Offers set meals from around 5euro. Dishes include sushi, risottos, grilled aubergines and salads. Offers sugar-free deserts. Has a small store. Please confirm if menu is all veg and inform HappyCow. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Macrobiotic, Take-out
Rua dos Douradores, 10
Lisbon, Portugal 1100 Lisboa
21-885-00-46

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by CBraunmuller
StephenEamonn
StephenEamonn

Closed!

Posted on 11 / 10 / 2014

I'm sure this is a lovely restaurant when it is open but I visited on 2 occasions to find it closed both times. On the door it says it closes at 10pm but we must have missed something.
It was close to our accommodation and would have been ideal for a quick and easy meal but at 7pm on Friday and 8pm on a Saturday it was completely closed. Ridiculous!

Pros: Central location
Cons: Misleading opening hours, Closed without notice
Siouxsie
Siouxsie

So goooood!!

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2014

Very nice restaurant: so cheap and good. Vegan fantastic cake. Free drink (ginger infusion and water), big portions and very central... I really suggest it for vegan people and not.

Misscoriander
Misscoriander

Good Food For The Price

Posted on 10 / 01 / 2014

The restaurant is near baixa and they offer a really cheap lunch menue (buffet style)with big portions. You choose of different options,i had the menue for 4!euros(3 to choose and a free salad )and it was huge!the food was pretty good.the people where friendly.the location wasnt very nice.

Pros: Price, Food, People
Cons: Location

psysof
psysof

Good food, nice price

Posted on 10 / 01 / 2014

I was there for dinner 5-6 months ago. It was small (and very simple) but except of me there was just another couple so there was plenty of space for everyone. I walked by during lunch time though and it was packed... but there's a second floor... I followed the waiter's suggestions (I took a Dal soup which was excellent and some vegetable mix w/ potatoes). Everything was simple but delicious and fresh. I would definitely go back.

Edit: I went back, it was always closed for dinner, maybe it's just open for lunch... it is a buffet-style restaurant, you can chose different dishes and menus. Water and tea are for free. I paid 5€ for a huge plate with 4 different dishes.

Updated from previous review on Thursday March 20, 2014

Pros: Fresh delicious food, Nice price
Cons: Communication wasn't easy, The decoration might be improved
hack_man
hack_man

Take it or Leave it

Posted on 09 / 05 / 2014

A functional canteen style diner serving tasty food at superb prices in low key surroundings. The great location in the heart of downtown Lisbon makes up for it. Focus is on seitan, tofu and pulses served in a sort of oriental style. Wasn't sure what to think of it when I saw it for the first time, don't be nervous - just go in, order and enjoy. There are many veggie places in Lisbon now and this one is an important part of the family.

Pros: very cheap, location, friendly
Cons: basic
davidlopez__
davidlopez__

Cheap And Good Food

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2014

The place is small, but the food is very cheap. With 5 euros you can eat a lot. Water and tea for free. The seitan was delicious. The salads could be better.

Pros: Price, Seitan, Taste
Cons: Salads, Space, Confort
NataliaTerlecka
NataliaTerlecka

Cheap vegan restaurant

Posted on 07 / 27 / 2014

I visited the the once in July and the place was full of people but they have a second floor which is spacious enough for a crowd. The food was simple but tasty, price to quality factor rocks. I paid 6 EUR for 4 small portion of different dishes and a delicious dessert. I will visit this place again soon and I recommend it to everyone!

Pros: Price, Vegan food, Delicious dessert
Cons: The food could be warmer, The free salads could be tastier
elrujo
elrujo

SMALL

Posted on 02 / 14 / 2014

food is alright

is a packe place and so too small

Pros: good people
Cons: small variety, tiny place
veggie coeliac
veggie coeliac

closed when tried

Posted on 08 / 12 / 2013

We went to check out our favourites from the listing. Found this one just before midday on a Wednesday and it was closed with no menu or opening times on display. It was quite a walk for us so we didn't go back.

andres.drifter
andres.drifter

first review - dedicated to Tao

Posted on 09 / 06 / 2012

The last review, "nice suprise", is very close to that, what i want to say. Tao was the last place by the way through veg restaurant, which were all closed because of lunch break. Tao was too, but because of the prices, i decided to wait.
No stories anymore, but facts. Meal costed us 6,50 + 1,00 beer, so for two person it was 15e. It was a buffet plate with five dishes to choose (we were just after opening, so there was not to many, but later they made more; however you can also take smaller and cheaper plate). Everything was vegan and actually everything was great. We had very good seitan and perfect pumpkin mousse, nice tofu and well prepared lentiles. Tempura was also the right choose. One portion was totally enough.
I don't think that staff is not nice, they are just quite shy and asian-way calm, except one guy who speaks english and wich is very nice. Ok, it could look better inside, but if you know portugese pastelerias - it's pretty fitted into the city. I've spent very nice time there though and i'll come back there for sure.

Pros: price, quality of food, vegan
Cons: for me - none
madoublethew
madoublethew

Nice surprise

Posted on 08 / 22 / 2011

I hadn't paid much attention to this place because the other reviews weren't very positive, but I found it a nice surprise. The menu seems to be entirely vegan, down to the tofu 'mayonnaise' (which was delicious and garlicky). It was slightly confusing, as it appeared to be a buffet, but we could only order a la carte, but that was fine with me. The fresh juices - carrot and apple - were delicious. I really enjoyed the fried tempeh I had. The accompanying rice and veg were nicely seasoned and very wholesome. This place isn't glamorous, but it was filling, and quite good value for money. For two meals, including juice, bread, mains and desserts, it was just €25. They offer a menu in English, so it's hard to go wrong.

Pros: All vegan, Very fresh ingredients, Good portion size
Cons: Lacking ambience, Limited menu
raisetheruth
raisetheruth

Strange vibe

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2011

I found this place a bit strange, it was my second visit as the first time it looked like it was closing so we went elsewhere.

At first glance it looked like it was buffet style but the waitress quickly directed us to a seat with a menu. I opted for a grilled tofu dish - which was exactly that, just grilled tofu with no seasoning or much taste. I was just average to be honest and the only positive was that it was edible because i knew it was vegetarian.

Cons: Looks closed , weird food
CBraunmuller
CBraunmuller
  • raw

Careful

Posted on 07 / 05 / 2010

This is a nice place if you're a foreigner who doesn't understand the local language, otherwise, you might be uncomfortable with the daily conversations the owners have there, out loud, after 2pm, speaking of how women's place is in the kitchen, serving men, and that this world is torn and society is going in the wrong direction, and we're all doing wrong things,etc. I went there a few times but couldn't stand the negative atmosphere - doesn't allow one to enjoy the meal.

Pros: variety of options, small prices, good location
Cons: unfriendly staff/owner, noisy, dark atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Tao: