Serves meat, veg options available. Indian food menu, while meat-heavy, also offers a vegetarian section that includes several soups and appetizers and 16 main entrees. Lunch buffet has vegan items alongside non-veg. Comfortable dining room with tables spaced to allow private conversation. Family run. Previously at Clark Rd. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

toocuteforbacon
toocuteforbacon

10/10, will go again!

Posted on 11 / 02 / 2014

After a disappointing experience across the plaza, my entire family was out at nine on a school night, wondering if there was still a place open the picky bunch would be okay with. Before our negative experience that night I had suggested Tandoor quite a few times, but my Mom was pretty nervous.

My stepfather and I walked in and were immediately greeted not only by the employees but the warm air, the amusing aroma, and the friendly atmosphere!

I had already checked the menu online a week before when I almost went with a group of friends, and was already aware that vegan options were labeled and could be done oil-free and sometimes salt-free! I ordered the 'aloo matar ki sabz' with out oil or salt and it arrived in less than twenty minutes! My stepfather ordered the tandoor chicken and had the vegetarian sampler.

The food was perfect, and although I am usually unable to find food (even Indian) spicy enough for me I left with tears in my eyes and a clear nose.

Next time I will make sure to take pictures of what I order, as there will definitely be a next time! I would recommend this to anybody and everybody!

Pros: Vegan options- TASTES GREAT!, Great atmosphere, Family friendly
Cons: No vegan appetizers that aren't fried.
punzelda
punzelda

Pretty good Indian food

Posted on 03 / 14 / 2013

We eat Indian vegan food often. This place had pretty good food and is worth it if you're craving those flavors. The place itself isn't that inviting--furniture is kind of run-down. But, good for a casual meal.

Pros: Good food, Lots of vegan options
Cons: Poor ambiance, So-so service
nikkiwoo
nikkiwoo

Great food

Posted on 01 / 27 / 2013

We had a group of 11 that eat at Tandoor tonight (1/27/2013). The hostess was super. The food was tailored to our specifications - no added salt and no oil. Additionally the level of spice was adjusted to each personal preference. Everyone was so happy with the quantity and quality of the food and service that we will be back.

Pros: Quality, Quantity, Service

MargoDolan
MargoDolan

Vegan Menu

Posted on 12 / 14 / 2012

We enjoyed a very nice dinner at Tandoor. The owner greeted us and was very happy to help us with suggestion from their vegan menu. They made special modifications to one of our selections and were very anxious to give us what we wanted. The service was attentive and we liked the food. I'm sure we will return again.

Pros: Good selection, Friendly staff, Good Value
Cons: Large open room
Miker
Miker

Vegan Menu a Pleasant Surprise

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2012

My wife and I stopped in yesterday evening to see what dishes they might be able to prepare as vegan to take home for dinner. As we stood outside before entering, a couple of people going in shared that their food is excellent. At the takeout counter, when I mentioned that we are vegan he quickly handed us their vegan menu, with a nice variety of entrees!
It was ready in about 20 minutes, as promised, and it didn't disappoint. I have sometimes been burned (literally!) when ordering Indian food in an unfamiliar place, so I ordered it mild. It was somewhat less spicy than I prefer, but that's not their fault. It was very tasty, though - the Baingan Bharta in particular had a very nice smoky tang. Everyone on the staff was very friendly and welcoming, and we really enjoyed the food, but they fell down in one respect - one lonely piece of paneer cheese found its way into the Mix Vegetable Curry.
Aside from that hopefully isolated occurrence, Tandoor is a welcome addition to our vegan options in Sarasota.

Pros: vegan menu, good food, very friendly!
Cons: stray piece of cheese

Dear Owner and Manager of Tandoor: