Serves meat, veg options available. Indian food menu with some vegetarian choices. Some waiters are knowledgeable about veg diet and assist you - ask. Open for dinner and sometimes has a lunch buffet on Friday and Saturday afternoons - call ahead. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Michael X. James
Richard Myers
Richard Myers

Good enough to eat here twice

4 Posted on 03 / 07 / 2014

Aruba is not exactly a vegan food paradise but the food here was great. Upon announcing that we were looking for a vegan meal, he explained what would work on the menu. The food was very satisfying and spiced just right. Two nights later we came back again and had another fine meal. We sat outside and the breeze was very pleasant.

Pros: Excellent vegan food, Friendly staff, Good atmosphere
Michael X. James
Michael X. James

Delicious!

4 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2014

My girlfriend and I went to Tandoor for dinner and we were delighted with our experience from start to finish. First we explained to the waiter that we are both vegan and she is gluten free. He knew exactly what we were talking about (not all places will). After contemplating the menu, my girlfriend and I got the Batata Vada (basically fried mashed potato balls) for an appetizer. She got the Vegetable Lassoni. There were many options that I was considering but when I asked our waiter if they have Gobi Manchurian, he was both delighted that I even knew what it was and saddened that they didn't have it. However, in a testament to how friendly the service was, he asked the chef if they could make it and the chef said he would love to (I didn't even prompt him to inquire about having it made, I was just curious if they had it and I overlooked it on the menu).

The appetizer was great. It's hard to be an american and not like fried balls of mashed potatoes. The Vegetable Lassoni was great and so was the Gobi Manchurian. Both entrees were so flavorful and delicious that my girlfriend and I agreed that this might have been our best meal of our entire trip. We had originally ordered two appetizers but they forgot to put one of them in and we were both thankful for that because these three items (plus the rice they come with) left us stuffed!

We will most certainly be back here next year and would recommend this place to anyone. Neither one of us is a big fan of curry but we both love places like this.

Pros: Tasty food, Friendly service, Variety of selections

Dear Owner and Manager of Tandoor: