Serves meat, veg options available. Organic restaurant, store, and cooking classes. Food is cooked at low temperature or steamed. Around 50% of the menu is raw and/or vegan. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, International, European, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
95, rue de l'Aqueduc (Place du Chatelain)
Brussels , Belgium 1050

Sdry
Sdry

Happy and satisfied.

Posted on 10 / 15 / 2014

First time I had lunch at there today.

Took the menu and a juice, all tasted very good and were much to my satisfaction. Portions not huge but enough (we all eat too much anyway).

I was able to ask an English menu and was helped in English. I verified if the vegetarian was vegan and was well explained how all ingredients were prepared.

I will go back.

Pros: Interesting dishes., good quality of food, Outside terrace
Cons: restaurant is a bit hidden away
Mu
Mu

sophisticated

Posted on 09 / 12 / 2014

I go there for lunch whenever I'm nearby;
It's slightly pricey but still affordable. I find their food innovative and tasty. But the servings can be small so ... avoid if you are extremely hungry (or, just chew slowly?)

Pros: tasty, sunny terrasse, nice staff
Cons: can be expensive, small servings
ebarneyr
ebarneyr

Great Restaurant!

Posted on 12 / 13 / 2013

My son is a US diplomat posted in Brussels. In October 2013, we took my son, his wife, and friends to Tan. 3 of us are Vegans and rest not. Great vegan meal for us vegans....and great fish and meat meals for our non-vegan friends. Wonderful place where you can go as a vegan and take non vegan friends.

Pros: Excellent food, Vegan option, Has non vegan for non vegans
Cons: Helps to speak French....but can get by

torchs
torchs

Not recommended

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2013

I was travelling to Brussels for a few days on business and was looking for places that serve vegan options. I found Tan restaurant on Happycow and went in for lunch. I was very disappointed.

First, the menu was all in French. I asked if there was an English menu and the answer was no. I asked if the waitress could translate it for me and she said that doesn't have time for that and asked me what I wanted to eat. I said I was looking for something vegan. She said there is only one vegan option. I ordered it.

Second problem is that there is no wireless internet access for customers.

Finally, the serving was small. It was tasty, but extremely small. I paid about 20 EUR for lunch and left the restaurant hungry.

Luckily, I found a street market on the nearby street and bought some fruits and pastry to satisfy my appetite.

In conclusion, bad service, small servings and expensive. Not recommended.

Pros: Tasty food but small portions
Cons: Bad service, Small servings, Expensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Tan: