Serves meat, veg options available. Thai buffet restaurant with several locations in Helsinki, offering identical menus. See website addresses. Price: Moderate more-less
Thai, Asian, Buffet, Fast food, Non-veg
Iso Roobertinkatu 18
Helsinki, Finland 00100

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Odalina
Gudrun
Gudrun

Lots of veg (?) options...

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2014

I have been here once and initially I was quite impressed because according to the menu it seemed there were so many veg options - although not labelled as such. As I saw in other restaurants in Helsinki, there is a large section on the menu where you can pick the meat you wish to have with your dish - or, alternatively, tofu.

I was told the tofu versions were all vegetarian. However, when I stressed out that I do not eat any animal products including fish sauce, oyster sauce or anything with shrimp paste in it (all of this quite common in "vegetarian" dishes in many Thai restaurants) this seemed to cause a problem.

I was then offered a "special" meal instead of something from the menu. I agreed and what I got was spicy and not bad, although I found the combination of ingredients a bit unusual: fennel, pineapple, green beans, baby corn, white mushrooms, eggplant, peppers and bamboo sprouts in coconut sauce, served with rice.

After this experience I am not quite sure how vegetarian / vegan the items on the menu are...

Pros: cozy place
Cons: no labelling of veg options
Odalina
Odalina

Cozy place with a great variety of vegan options

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2014

This place is great for vegans because you just pick any dish from the menu and then choose the protein source you want (tofu for vegans and vegetarians and meat for others).

Food tastes really good and the place is nice.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Tamarin: