Small restaurant just north of the Imperial Citadel. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Vietnamese, Take-out

jojoinbrighton
jojoinbrighton

Wonderful

Posted on 04 / 13 / 2015

I loved this place! Super friendly owner and it's in a really convenient location if you're sightseeing in the Imperial City and the food was delicious. I ordered a noodle dish and the pancake and she was super helpful showing me how to use the various sauces and even mixing the noodles, salad, herbs, faux prawn crackers and mock meats up for me so that I was eating it like a local! I would love to go back one day.

Aya
Aya

A strange place

Posted on 04 / 01 / 2015

First, it's one of those places where both the food table and the eating area are not clean at all.

Second, foreigners are required to pay extra, even though there is a menu with local prices on the wall. I did not really mind paying extra, but it was still not very pleasant, as eating there was not a nice experience.

Cons: Dirty..., A very very simple place
mfalgas
mfalgas

Good food and nice staff

Posted on 12 / 31 / 2014

We were looking for the other vegetarian restaurant near this one but could not find it and we ended up in this one following people's directions.

We had the crispy fried noodles, which were very good.

The owner seemed very happy that I could speak some Vietnamese, although the menu was in English. The other reviews pointing to the fact that the English menu is 30% more expensive are correct, in fact, you can just look at the Vietnamese menu on the wall (they do not hide it) and see it has different prices. I asked the owner why the prices were different and she explained that Westerners tend to eat more so she gives larger portions, hence the price differences. She pointed to the dish that a local was eating on the next table and it was smaller than ours.

Pros: Nice staff, Good food, Quiet place

medus
medus

nothing impressive

Posted on 11 / 20 / 2014

Small local place with no English spoken. Foreigners get separate menu with 30% higher prices. Staff was quite intrusive, instructing us how to eat with chopsticks and almost constantly watching what we do. Despite higher prices, portions were rather small. At the end it felt like not really worth the price compared with other places in Hue.

Pros: close to imperial palace
Cons: 'foreigner' tax, intrusive staff, small portions
klareh101
klareh101

Vietnamese street food

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2014

We eventually found this cafe, the address is wrong but the little map from the previous reviewer is correct. Staff speak little/no English but there is an English menu available, translations are vague. The cafe is very basic like most caf├ęs in Vietnam. We had "figs with frond wheel" or similar, it was some type of mushroom with seeds eaten with a non-prawn prawn cracker. Fairly tasty and good portion. I don't recommend using the bathrooms, they put you off your dinner.

Pros: Genuine food, All vegan
Cons: Filthy bathrooms
VeganJazzman
VeganJazzman

Eat where the Vietnamese are eating!

Posted on 02 / 28 / 2014

Very authentic restaurant. Many local people are here which I claim to be a good sign. Prices are inexpensive, the food is great, simple menu, quick service and very nice people. Added pictures of correct location and menu.
Note:The prices on th e English menu are ~30% more than the vietnamese menu, but still super cheap. Three dishes, one tea makes 85.000VND (= 4$)

Pros: Athentic, Simple, Food

Dear Owner and Manager of Tam Thien: