Serves all vegan food. Has English menu. No wi-fi. Price: Inexpensive more-less

Newandyke
  • non-vegetarian

Ants and cheats

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2014

2 things that never happened to me before, happened to me today in this restaurant:
1. In one of the dishes that I ordered, I saw walking ants. I asked to replace the dish. After a short time the same dish got back to the table. There were now less ants than before.
2. The bill was significantly higher than I expected it to be. Comparing the bill with the menu, I noticed that I was charged more than the menu prices. When I complained to the waitress, I was explained that the menu that I got was old. In addition, they charged me for the uneaten ant dish.

Cons: Ants inside the food, Over charging
p_ny
p_ny

Ripped off

Posted on 05 / 03 / 2014

I got to the place today, and I orderd from a menu one lady gave to me. When the bill came (from another lady) I noticed that the prices where not the same like on the menu. I thought they've done a little mistake and ask and wanted to show the lady in the menu which was still on my table. she took it immediatly away from me, starred at it a couple of minutes and when I wanted to show her she just didn't let me have another look inside. She went upstairs and after some minutes she came back with another menu (All the mock meat dishes were around 20.000-30.000 dong more expensive on this one) Still the bill was wrong, I tried to explain her that I want to pay the prices I#ve seen when ordering but she didn't care. I got really angry, payed and went away. The food itself was OK (even if a lot of dishes weren't available) but I felt really bad after that impudent behavoir of the staff.

Cons: ripped off by staff
veganvirtues
veganvirtues
  • raw

Tam Thanh Tiem Com Chay

Posted on 12 / 07 / 2013

This place on 150 Duong Lang was nice a very nice place. We dined upstairs clean tables had table cloths and well set out was crowded and the food we ordered came together (not in dribs and drabs). Price and quality was first class.
Just to let you know their other eatery 466 Tran Khat Chan is NOT vegan but does serve some vegetarian products.

Pros: reasonable priced, good food, great atmosphere

jb73
jb73

Very nice food

Posted on 10 / 20 / 2013

We went to Tam Thanh after buying a great haul of veggie products from Thuc Pham Chay Minh Duc (378 Tay Son, about 5-10 minute walk away).

Very dining area and good wait staff who spoke very good English. Food was great - nice Pho Ga (chicken noodle soup), fried spring rolls (nem ran), and tofu patties (see pic). No complaints and will definitely return.

halink
halink

Good food, good price

Posted on 04 / 18 / 2013

I have been in this restaurant as well as the other Tam Thanh at 466 Tran Khat Tran street. They both have the same menu. The buffet here on every 1st and 15th (moon calender) are very good, wide range of food, cheeper than many other place, i strongly recommend that buffet for everyone.

Dear Owner and Manager of Tam Thanh: