Serves meat, veg options available. Quaint, eccentric cafe and tea shop is located in the Olde Walkerville area of Windsor along the Detroit River. Serves soups, sandwiches, salads, rice bowls, specialty coffees, wine and beer. Has vegan desserts. Special raw food menu offered on Wednesday. Uses many local, healthy, organic ingredients. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
396 Devonshire Rd
Windsor, Ontario
519-254-6652

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Ilovewholesomefood
begoodjen
begoodjen

Good option for vegan and omni

Posted on 11 / 28 / 2014

Its a little hectic ordering at the very small counter and trying to find a place to sit as it is so busy. But, the food and service were wonderful and I love that there are so many vegan options. I would go again when in town.

Pros: good food, vegan options, cosy, eclectic atmosphere
Cons: cramped counter area
_lawlipops_
_lawlipops_

Unique dishes, awesome flavour

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2011

I can't get enough of Taloola! I love the atmosphere and the veg options available.

My favourites include the Couscous Delight, Tofu steak over greens and couscous, soup, chili, Chichi Roti, and Veggie Loola! They have vegan cookies and banana bread as well. Soy milk options available for many of their smoothies. Enjoy!

Pros: Selection, Flavour, Friendly staff
Cons: Prices add up when I buy everything...
maulydaft
maulydaft

In Windsor? Eat Here.

Posted on 07 / 04 / 2011

I'm an old school Windsor-ite who moved on in the early '90's. When the all you can eat $5 veg restaurant closed (no joke! In Windsor!) there wasn't anything for more than a decade until Taloola opened up. Taloola's isn't even all vegetarian. But it's the best Windsor has going for it if you are not adventurous enough to check out nooks and cranies for ethnic food (you should, you need to). My meat eating parents like to go there. The food is always good, priced decently, and we all like the atmosphere. I am always psyched over what kind of vegan desserts they will have for me when I visit. A gem in a sea of cheap pizza, fatty Chinese and heart stopping burger and fries...

Pros: decent veg selection, some vegan baked goods, great atmopshere
Cons: closes early on sundays, not open monday

Keith_Thode
Keith_Thode

Worth the Trip to Windsor

Posted on 06 / 02 / 2011

I live in Detroit, but on occasion, I travel the short distance to Windsor. When I do, one of the few places I would consider eating is Taboola Cafe. It's not entirely Vegan, but there's several delicious vegan items from which to choose. The decor is fun. You can eat outside or inside. The baked goods are great. Try it.

SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Cute Cafe :)

Posted on 11 / 23 / 2010

Located near the river in Windsor Canada is a very cute little cafe called Taloola. The atmosphere was great and had I had more time to spend there, I would have because it was very cozy. I also wanted to note that the staff were incredibly friendly, they even let me use US dollars since I didn't have Canadian dollars (a big plus). After your meal, try a vegan cookie. ;)

I'd say this place is 3.5 cows, but given that there's not many options in the area, I give it a 4.

Ilovewholesomefood
Ilovewholesomefood

Most Wholesome Vegi Option in Essex County

Posted on 05 / 01 / 2010

Lots of creativity at Taloola's. Not only with the food but also the decor. Local musicians play on Saturday night as well.
Simply adore the menu selections and the raw food on Wednesdays from 5-9 or 10pm is a BIG bonus.
Has a vegi soup available everyday. I've tried the Chickpea pita, Mediteranean Salad, (chickpeas, beets, carrots and feta) grilled tofu sandwich and tofudru(sorry may have spelt that one wrong) and like all of them very much. Still to try is the Vegiloola pita.
Carrots are organic. Always has a vegan dessert on hand. Has smoothies, my favouite is the one with carob and banana. Can be made with soy or dairy.
Raw food deserts are so creative on Wednesdays. I've tried the blueberry vegan cheesecake and carob tarts-So Divine. Worth going for the desserts alone. Raw food meals are a bit more pricier about $14.95 but worth it as the chef is very creative and also is very passionate about raw food and health and puts her love into the food and service making is that much more delicious. I've tried the Thai Stir Fry which was mighty good. If you can't afford $14.95, there are good filling and wholesome appetizers like a Nori Roll or a spring roll. They are about $5 or $6.
You must check it out if you come to Windor or live in Essex County. It's a very inviting atmosphere. A big sign on a post outside reads, "Come on In", you can't miss it.
Happy Eating!!!

Pros: some organic food, cool vegi options, super staff
Cons: can't really think of any

Dear Owner and Manager of Taloola Cafe: