Serves meat, veg options available. Soup bar offering a daily selection of 4 or 5 soups made without cream or MSG free. Also offers salads, pasta, and sandwiches. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Western, Take-out, Non-veg

Stevie
Stevie

Tallore Artisan Soups, Hong Kong

Posted on 06 / 15 / 2015

I intend to follow up on this to see how this place is. I will re-draft the review accordingly.

Updated from previous review on Monday March 09, 2015

I agree with much of what has been said before by other reviewers.

1stly I asked what was vegan. I don't think they get asked that too often as the gentleman serving me was unsure of what that meant and also of which dishes were compliant. Very sensibly he called on the input of the chef to guide us.

There's 6 dishes in big serving pots. 1 is chilli con carne and another is chicken soup. The 4 remaining soups I was told were vegetarian including 3 that are vegan (one of the soups contained cheddar).

I was then directed to the other part of the counter. There's a mix of salads (e.g. pasta, quinoa, mixed veg) and sandwiches. Some were meat based, some contained cheese (feta by the look of things) and a couple we vegan.

I thus plumped for a soup and salad combo deal. The pumpkin soup tasted just as you would expect pumpkin soup to taste. The quinoa salad was running a low so I was offered a combo of that with the mixed veggies. This was fine as well. At the end I have to say that I was pretty full.

I prefer places that are 100% vegetarian so I would like to be transparent about that (in other words I would rate this place higher out of 5 if it was 100% vego). Where places like come in especially useful for me are when dining with someone who refuses to eat vegetarian. Places such as this offer a reasonable compromise option.

Pros: Vegan friendly
Cons: Not 100% vego
CharlesS
CharlesS

Great Healthy Food - Taste Great!

Posted on 10 / 13 / 2014

Was easy to find and not far at all from Wan Chai area. I had the Mushroom Minestrone Soup and also a split salad with Artichoke Salad and Cous Cous Vegetable Salad.

The Mushroom soup was not fatty and creamy, it was just mushroom broth and pieces of different mushroom. It looked good and tasted better! The Artichoke Salad was good too, as was the Cous Cous Vegetable salad. I am happy I went there tonight. I took some pics and posted there here as well.

It is basically a takeout place, with a small table to fit about 2-3 people if you want to eat it there as I did. I met the owners who were VERY helpful to get you the best dish. they do sell meat there, as their focus is HEALTHY food, not just vegetarian. However as soon as I said vegetarian, they were all over pointing out dishes and showing me that most of the food there is vegetarian. Both owners are really nice guys too, extremely friendly.

I would highly recommend this restaurant! I know I will be back again for more!

Pros: Great Healthy Food, Homemade Soups & Salads, Great Location
Cons: Not enough Table Space to Dine In
Clamb
Clamb

Love Tallore

Posted on 07 / 31 / 2014

Nice small new shop that offers homemade fresh soups without creams (dairy) and MSG. Great new addition to the area as a lot of their soups/pastas/salads are suitable for vegans and vegetarians.

Pros: fresh taste, affordable, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Tallore Soups: