Vegan, gluten-free, nut-free bakery also offering soups and light meals, and on weekends hot breakfast. Opened Jan 2014. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Bakery, Take-out
Now Open

Wed-Sat 8:00am-8:00pm, Sun 9:00am-3:00pm

First Review by TiffanyBright
ProfessorDJ
ProfessorDJ

Delicious!

Posted on 07 / 18 / 2015

Visiting Bloomington-Normal and found this hidden gem! Great gluten free, vegan and soy free options. The sign is hard to see from the road, but keep trying until you find it!

Emking
Emking

So amazing

Posted on 07 / 08 / 2015

My friend and I finally stopped by for dinner tonight and it was to die for. We shared the lasagna, burger, garlic bread and a side of the broccoli salad. It was DELICIOUS. The skillet cookie with ice cream on top is something we will definitely be back for. Super cool atmosphere with a friendly staff. So excited we finally have a restaurant like this in Blono!

Pros: Filling , Healthy, Delicious
Cons: Slightly expensive , It was almost too good.., What makes the skillet cookie so good????
hippie2783
hippie2783

horrible horrible horrible

Posted on 06 / 09 / 2015

first off, food is way pricey for what you get. also,its your basic vegan food you can make at home. actually ,I've done better at home! I had a hash style breakfast dish that was crunchy,overdone,burnt and crispy. the baked goods were better which is why we had decided to order a cake for my daughters birthday from there. BIG MISTAKE!! after we placed our formal order and was scheduled for pick up, they just didn't make our cake! no cake...and we didn't know we didn't have a cake until the day of picking up the non existent cake! I spent my daughters 3rd birthday running around like a crazy person trying to find a vegan cake thanks to them! and I never even got an explanation as to why my cake was never even made!

Pros: none , none, OK baked goods
Cons: expensive, overdone food, horrible customer service

DirkWethington
DirkWethington

Outstanding food and great service!

Posted on 03 / 06 / 2015

I met Mary when she was offering vegan cooking classes for children at the local natural foods store. Since she opened Take A Bite, I've been a devoted patron. The food is excellent and prepared with love. Mary and her staff are welcoming and friendly, and she's always looking for ways to grow and expand her menu and cafe. Eat local, and eat compassionate!

Pros: Great vegan food!, Super cool owner, Gauranteed food coma!
Cons: None. Eat there. Now.
CI Vegan Guy
CI Vegan Guy

Great food, thanks for coming to our area

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2014

Must-see! Small, revolving menu and very personalized service in pleasant atmosphere. Great vegan and gluten free American food, lots of soy-free options too. Dessert is half the menu, so it's mandatory... cupcakes are delicious and very fresh like everything else.

Pros: Home-cooked food made to order, Good value
Cons: A little more expensive, Personalized service takes longer
plantbasedgurl
plantbasedgurl
  • herbivore

Healthy Done Right

Posted on 05 / 30 / 2014

I was in town for less than 2 hours for a visitation right around supper time. With a 2 hour drive back home, I needed something to eat and found exactly the perfect supper here. I was able to do a phone-in take-out order and it was ready by the time we got to the restaurant. I had the Broccoli "Cheese" Soup with garlic bread, a chocolate cupcake with "peanut butter" frosting, and brought a loaf of bread home. The food was out of this world good. That was the best garlic bread I've probably ever had. If I lived in town I would definitely be there once a week at least!

Pros: Plant-based food, Fast service, Personable staff
Cons: Only open for a few hours
TiffanyBright
TiffanyBright

Truly Fresh

Posted on 05 / 05 / 2014

On the way to a musical, we weren't hungry enough for a meal, but wanted something to keep us satisfied until later. We stopped at this cute little shop and ordered the "ice cream" (as they had it listed). My youngest ordered the strawberry and my other daughter ordered banana. She also asked if she could have some chocolate in it which the owner was happy to do. The "ice cream" is in quotes for good reason, it is not your traditional ice cream. I was so happy to see that she made her ice cream very similar to how I make our chocolate ice cream at home, which is to use truly naturally ingredients. Real frozen fruit and coconut cream. The "ice cream" was a hit with my girls and they scrapped their bowls clean. They were good to go with bellies full of delicious, and nutritious, "ice cream".

Dear Owner and Manager of Take a Bite: