Serves meat, veg options available. They offer a vegan breakfast. Changing menu of vegan in-house-made curries every day. Uses organic ingredients and local sourcing of produce whenever possible. Selection of interesting reading material (recycled books and magazines), music and community events hosted. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Western, Indian, Thai, Non-veg
72 Stokes Croft (Jamaica St )
Bristol, England BS1 3QY
0117-9077502

Open Mon-Fri 12pm-till late, Sat-Sun 11am-till late.

• Cash only

First Review by joseffc
VeggieFrance
VeggieFrance

Mediocre

2 Posted on 01 / 01 / 2013

This is a well intentioned restaurant, but more style over substance I'm afraid. I got a chickpea curry which was probably the most mediocre thing I've ever eaten.

Pros: Cheapish
Cons: Bland Food, a bit hipster
joseffc
joseffc

not so happy cow recommended restaurant

1 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2012

I went along to this restaurant today and was served non vegan food (on a "vegan" breakfast). I didn't realise I had eaten a non vegan item until I had enquired where they sourced the vegan sausages. I was told that they were Quorn. I informed the person that the food he had sold as vegan was not vegan but vegetarian. He was very embarrassed and said he didn't know there was a difference. Such a poor show for a restaurant that claims to be vegan-friendly. The staff there have no clue. I won't be going there again depite the discount to the overall bill (he gave me by filter coffees free) and I urge any visitors to this place to double check with the staff that they understand what vegan food is.

Cons: dirty restaurant, unknowledgable staff, over priced

Dear Owner and Manager of Take 5: