Serves meat, veg options available. Has vegetable curries plus vegetarian specialties. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Non-veg
124 N Montezuma St
Prescott, Arizona 86301
928-445-5752

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by chikfender
terryw
terryw

Avoid unless you want to be deafened by owner!

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2015

While I love the selection for vegand and I would love to continue having lunch at this restaurant, I have been driven away by the horrible reverberating accoustics and the raucious, booming, unrelentingly loud voice of the owner. In other words if you want to have an uninterrupted convesation with your eating partners, or dislike painfully loud noise, or if you wear hearing aids - AVOID this restaurant, because it's terrible. It was so bad one lunch time with the owner shouting jokes at his braying staff right in front of the buffet that in order to hear table conversation I had to tell him how overpowering and distressing it was. He shut up then, but it didn't last and he is back at it. If you want to enjoy a meal and hear other conversation this is not the place for you. If you don't want to have your hearing permanently damaged or made worse, then don't eat here.

Pros: Vegan selection, Good buffet
Cons: Horrible accoustics, Owner with inconsiderate booming voice, Distressingly noisy
JoeHernandez
JoeHernandez

Vegan Menu

Posted on 10 / 10 / 2014

This place has an entire vegan menu section. The waiter was very polite answering specific questions about their batter and side dipping sauces. The food was delicious. I highly recommend this place.

Pros: Vegan options, Polite Service, Clean restrooms
Cons: No vegan bread options
Raquelly072
Raquelly072
  • non-vegetarian

Horrible Service,Mediocre Food

Posted on 02 / 15 / 2014

Food is just OK-Not Bad, but definitely not impressed. I have had authentic Indian food. I have been to India and my boyfriend is Indian. One of our appetizers was kabobs. We got two tiny pieces of lamb and beef and two whole pieces of chicken-a thigh and drumstick. Ummm...that's not even a kabob in the U.S. Where was the skewer and chunks of meat, not pieces, that go on the stick?? The main complaint was the service. This was our second time there.The first time, was just an okay experience so we thought we would give it another chance. Absolutely horrible service. No waiter or waitress assigned to a particular area. My boyfriend had to get up and go over to the bar just to get us drinks. It took us flagging down an employee just to get water at our table and order appetizers. This was after sitting there with no acknowledgement from staff for 15 minutes. The couple next to us also had the same problem. We did observe that if you knew the owner, they got good service and also got their food before people that had been waiting before them.The owner ran around like he was in a popularity contest instead of making sure his customers were happy. We will never go there again!! And will also spread the word

Pros: Live music, Nice ambience
Cons: Okay Food, Horrible Service

kalangford01
kalangford01
  • herbivore

Accommodating and Friendly Owner

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2013

Nice selection of vegan foods. The owner is very friendly and accommodating when it comes to meeting your special dietary needs and requests. Food is excellent.

Eric Barton
Eric Barton
  • non-vegetarian

Delicious

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2010

Pretty good place that is located downtown with a knowledgeable staff and great Indian food for people with different diets; making it a good choice when going out with a group.

Pros: friendly staff, fast service, great flavor
Cons: pricey, small rice portion
chikfender
chikfender

Vegan Buffet on Wednesday

Posted on 03 / 18 / 2009

This restaurant is familiar with vegans and offers a mostly vegan buffet on Wednesdays! Good food, but a little pricey for me (priced like most Indian food restaurants).

Pros: Vegan, Staff familiar with vegan diets, The owner/main manager is really nice
Cons: Meals are pricey, Buffet exceeds $10
Guest
Guest

Favorite Restaurant

Posted on 02 / 17 / 2008

The Taj Mahal is one of, if not the only vegan-friendly restaurant in Prescott. The staff is so friendly and very knowledgeable and more than willing to give fantastic recommendations.

The food is rich and vibrant, and leaves your palate completely satisfied. They offer a vegan buffet every Wednesday, and provide a vegetarian and vegan menu. I would recommend the Potato and Garbanzo Bean Curry, but suggest trying every v*gan dish!

This is my new favorite restaurant in Prescott, and I'll definitely be eating here for years to come. If you're ever passing through Prescott, try the Taj Mahal!

Pros: Friendly Staff, Excellent Food, Vegan and Vegetarian Friendly

Dear Owner and Manager of Taj Mahal: