Taj-Mahal Indian Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. While menu is meat-heavy, there is a separate menu for vegetarians (entirety not on website). Located at the end of the "İstiklal Street" near "Tünel Meydanı". Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Indian, Non-veg
Asmalı Mescit Mah. Nergiz Sok. 4/A Tünel-Beyoğlu
Istanbul, Turkey
0090-2122936600

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by mickeythemystic
hippyjenk
hippyjenk

Not the best

Posted on 07 / 05 / 2014

Zero atmosphere, it is much like a hospital. It is on a little side street that could actually be quite nice, especially if you have an outside table.

Service: The service girl in this restaurant was incredibly rude. She was on her mobile phone when I entered, she also seemed to want me to serve myself. When I asked for a menu I believe she wanted me to pick it up and maybe go and tell the kitchen also what I wanted.

The food: it took about 30 minutes at least to arrive. Considering there was only one other party in the restaurant that is completely unacceptable. Then even though I wanted all my items together, they brought them separately. So I was forced to wait again, making me have to scarf down my samosas, which managed to be both oily and dry at the same time. Though they were 'vegetable' samosas, they only contained potato. My main dish was overwhelmingly spicy to the point that I couldn't taste it. The naan bread was passable.

The only good thing was that the prices were ok and the location is quite nice for a quiet lunch.

Pros: Food
Cons: Service
alx
alx

Easy and cheap - but boring

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2013

Many vegetarian options, but when it comes to vegan there's some limits - ask the staff about dairy products and they will tell you what to avoid.
Food is tasty and there's plenty of it, but the looks of both food and restaurant is.... boring to say the least. Oh, and don't use the bathroom.
But hey, if you want a easy and cheap meal - go for it.

Pros: Cheap, Understands "no-dairy please", Tasty
Cons: Bad atmosphere, Really bad toilets
mickeythemystic
mickeythemystic

Good vegetarian Indian options

Posted on 06 / 03 / 2013

This small Indian restaurant has both meat and vegetarian selections. There is a separate section on the menu for vegetarians which had many choices. The portions were generous and the food was good. The server spoke minimal English and wasn't especially friendly.

Pros: Food plentiful, Tasty
Cons: Waitress not too friendly

Dear Owner and Manager of Taj-Mahal Indian Restaurant: